Wife has been bitten by the bike bug

sportcustoms71

Registered
So the wife wants to get her a bike. well after her doing a little research she came across the Honda Interceptor ....does anyone have any info on the bike. pro's, con's...maintenance upkeep, are they good for touring, etc.....i'm so happy she wants to get a bike:cheerleader:, tired of her riding B**ch.

honda.JPG

The bikes have earned a very good reputation. They are an easy oil change and have a center stand so working on the rear is easy. The engines have variable cams (VTEC) that operate differently below and above around 7K on the tach. It gives quite a burst of power above that threshold. Depending on your riding style that VTEC transition can be big fun.

With that said, I sold my 2007 Anniversay Edition after less than a year. For me, running high in the revs on the techinical roads kept me crossing that VTEC line which is not good for smooth power delivery in turns. This is why I ulimately sold the bike. Don't let that scare you off though. Drive one, if you like it buy it. They are good machines.

The bikes have earned a very good reputation. They are an easy oil change and have a center stand so working on the rear is easy. The engines have variable cams (VTEC) that operate differently below and above around 7K on the tach. It gives quite a burst of power above that threshold. Depending on your riding style that VTEC transition can be big fun.

With that said, I sold my 2007 Anniversay Edition after less than a year. For me, running high in the revs on the techinical roads kept me crossing that VTEC line which is not good for smooth power delivery in turns. This is why I ulimately sold the bike. Don't let that scare you off though. Drive one, if you like it buy it. They are good machines.

i was also sketchy about the single sided swing arm, looks pretty cool. didn't know how stable it was. it looks to be quite a heavy bike at 470lbs.

The bike never felt heavy and handles well for its weight. The single sided arm is easy to work with since there is only one adjustment for the chain tension. No side to side setting on the Viffer. It has an eccentric cam that rotates to set tension.

i was also sketchy about the single sided swing arm, looks pretty cool. didn't know how stable it was. it looks to be quite a heavy bike at 470lbs.

The bags are quite good. They require some rigging that comes with the bags to mount to the bike. Then they are easy on and off.

also....for the long hauls, what about saddle bags considering there is no rear cowl to lock the bags into...

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

th_MVI_4868.jpg

bitten huh?- well:

1) get your belt and make a tourniquette just above the bite...
2) cut open the bite...
3) get her a little cheaper sumthin to see if its gonna stay in her or just a passing 'thing'...
4) i have enjoyed every honda i have owned...so...

:laugh:

Honda makes some very nice bikes but parts can be alittle on the expensive side and usually require some minor alterations to make anything aftermarket fit. had a 600rr before the Busa and Loved the bike

that's funny:laugh:, but i'm not finding them to be to pricey, i've found a couple good used ones for around 5k with low mileage

bitten huh?- well:

1) get your belt and make a tourniquette just above the bite...
2) cut open the bite...
3) get her a little cheaper sumthin to see if its gonna stay in her or just a passing 'thing'...
4) i have enjoyed every honda i have owned...so...

:laugh:

They are known to knock the voltage regulators out right and left. Honda never did a redesign to fix the associated problems. Cam buckets have to be replaced to correct valve clearance on the V-Tec side . If you have a dealer do the valve adjustment, it's serious money.

How tall is she? There's great deals out there on spanking new old stock bikes with factory warranties

Suzuki GSX650F's can be had cheap - $5800.00 cheap.

I've seen new the old stock 2009 Yamaha FZ6R for i think, $5200.00

Just to name a couple alternatives

she also liked the kawi 600, but who knows man :lol:. you know how woman are, they change their mind like they change the hair. She's set on getting a bike though.

They are known to knock the voltage regulators out right and left. Honda never did a redesign to fix the associated problems. Cam buckets have to be replaced to correct valve clearance on the V-Tec side . If you have a dealer do the valve adjustment, it's serious money.

How tall is she? There's great deals out there on spanking new old stock bikes with factory warranties

Suzuki GSX650F's can be had cheap - $5800.00 cheap.

I've seen new the old stock 2009 Yamaha FZ6R for i think, $5200.00

Just to name a couple alternatives

as a certified yamaha tech i would have to say jump on the fz6r- they are solid and they rock!:thumbsup:

:beerchug: Congrats on her wanting to start riding on her own. Usually hard to go wrong with a honda.

Wish my wife would get bit by the motorcycle bug.

Back