Wife dropped Busa, got to find Stock Fairings

Busa_Nick

Registered
After 2 years of owning the 08 Busa something has finally gone wrong, and unfortunately for me I did not have full coverage on the bike at this time, but lucky for me its just the fairings that got damaged and from looking at the damage...I am going to need to replace 3 fairings on the right side, they are still attached and they are not loose they are just really scratched up bad, with deep scratches, and cracked alittle...probably can't take this to a body shop and the graphic stickers will also need to be replaced.

I had left my bike in the driveway and I guess my wife wanted to attempt to move it into the garage while I was asleep because it was going to rain outside, I always told her never to touch the bike its to heavy...She tried to wake me up but I told her to go away, lol.

The pieces that got damaged were the factory fairings except I have tapeworks kanji chrome sticker overlays, but I am going to need to find some replacement fairings for the right side, painted, with the stock graphics just like how the bike was when I bought it, can someone point me in the right direction to where I can purchase new right side fairings? The only damage is on the right side fairings that were painted, not the plastic piece that hugs the bike towards the gastank. I know if I were to go to the stealership I would be paying to much for these, does anyone know where I can find the black stock fairings, painted, with the graphic stickers? Thanks for your help.

The image below shows what I am going to be needing, eventhough this is not a pic of the damage, there is 3 different pieces I need to replace on the right side. Where should I get them? They need to matchup the bike to how it was before with my paint code...Thanks for any help...

hayabusa.jpg

She did try and wake you.

After reading this I told my wife if this scenerio ever arises, Do not try and move the bike.

Most people I know go to the site that Wayneovich suggested above. Also try salvage yards in big citites around your area.

Damn sucks to hear man, glad only damages was towards the bike and not the wifey. Not much help here but i would like to know a little about the kanji tho. Does it just go over the oem one or do you take the oem one off and then apply the one from tapeworks? It looks nice, im not a bling guy but i have the 09 silver busa and i think it would look 10x better with the chrome instead of a black one. Anyways good luck on getting her fix.

Time for a custom paint job :poke: :whistle:

If it's just a cracked an scratched should be no problem...

Well you got some great answers on how to get new fairings so I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question; why wasn't the tittle of this thread "Wife dropped Busa, got to find Stock Fairings and a new wife??? :laugh:

Thanks alot you guys, and I was really glad she didn't get hurt also. Well, after inspecting the damaged fairings again, I talked to my friend Rich, he believes that the body shop he works at can fix it for alot cheaper then trying to buy new ones, I didn't realize how much these plastics were re-painted, they are pricey. The body shop he works at has done a few bikes and from what he told me, the ones they worked on were alot worse then mine, he said the scratches can most likely be buffed out and touched up, the largest of the 3 fairings is cracked at the bottom but not completely off and still holding on, he thinks that they can make it look like new again, so we'll see, and I'll keep you guys posted. As far as the new wife goes, no way, lol!!! She promised she'd never touch it after what happened, it just sucks that she didn't just leave it alone last night...

Last edited:
Damn sucks to hear man, glad only damages was towards the bike and not the wifey. Not much help here but i would like to know a little about the kanji tho. Does it just go over the oem one or do you take the oem one off and then apply the one from tapeworks? It looks nice, im not a bling guy but i have the 09 silver busa and i think it would look 10x better with the chrome instead of a black one. Anyways good luck on getting her fix.

Yes, the one I have is an overlay, it simply goes over the top of the old kanji symbol.

Also, do not attempt to put on the new overlay by yourself, have it professionally done by someone who has done them before, because its not easy to do, you would think its pretty easy but its not, and you need a special solution to go on them so its not as hard to put on...Best of luck!

Last edited:
Well you got some great answers on how to get new fairings so I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question; why wasn't the tittle of this thread "Wife dropped Busa, got to find Stock Fairings and a new wife??? :laugh:

I love my wife, she does do stupid things sometimes but so do we all, she learned her lesson the hard way though, and she feels really bad about it, but im really glad the bike is not leaking any oil, or fluid, etc. and that its just cosmetic damage to the bike, not to mention my exhaust never hit the ground, so I got lucky with that!!!

She did try and wake you.

After reading this I told my wife if this scenerio ever arises, Do not try and move the bike.

Yup, she did...and I told her to go away, lol. So is it my fault? Kinda I guess, but I hadn't been to sleep in over 30 hours, I was out of it, but I normally park my busa in the garage on the condor but I slipped up one time and got busted...grrrrrrrrr

You might be amazed what a quality bodyshop can do i would give them a try first :thumbsup: OEM is gonna cost but you don't want any cheap ass Hong Kong crap either. if you have to replace them try here Motorsports Super Center | Can-Am (Bombardier) OEM Parts | Polaris OEM Parts | Sea-Doo OEM Parts | Suzuki OEM Parts | Yamaha OEM Parts

LOL @ the Hong Kong crap. Your right and thats why I am hoping that the bodyshop I take it to can fix the problem, and im sure it'll have its flaws but won't look nearly as bad as it does not, and of course won't cost me an arm and a leg compared to buying brand new fairings, repainted, with stickers...but we'll see, they might not be able to repair one of the fairings, I don't know, I will find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back