Wideband hook up on 2012 busa

Geoff

Registered
I'm running the woolich log box and need advice on how to hook up a wide band to the ECU. I have the APSX 2 wide band, and I have hooked it up to the stock wires to the o2 sensor. Anyone else done this before? Needing to know what setting I need to have it on in the program and a how to.. too set up, and calibrate the wide band to read correctly.

Do you have the log box pro? If you have the Pro model a Xetronics model plugs right in.
Have you checked the woolrich forum for your answer?

This is how I have mine wired in but it is a LC-1. Also I used OEM connectors and pins. You can get them from these two places I know of Suzuki Connectors ? Go Fast Bike Parts or Home.

At the OEM 6 pin connector there is a short "jumper" cable that goes to a 4 pin connector where the O-2 sensor plugs in, take that jumper out. Run the red wire from the LC-1 to the orange with white stripe OEM wire for switched 12v power. Take the brown wire from the LC-1 and run it to the white with green stripe OEM wire, that will be the low voltage signal to the ECU/logbox. The white with black stripe and black with brown stripe OEM wires are not used. I used the OEM 6 pin connector for the LC-wires and plugged the holes I wasn't using. I also removed the oil pressure wire from the 6 pin and gave it its own connector so I don't have to disturb it if I have to take out the LC-1.

Take the blue and white LC-1 wires and ground those at the battery. I just used a couple monster wire ties with some rubber insulation to tie the controller off to the frame. Seems hokey but has worked good for me the last 3 years.

There will be a small black wire from the LC-1 that will run to the red wire on the LED and one wire on the push button for sensor calibration.
The other wire from the push button will go to the black wire on the LED then back to ground at the battery. I mounted the switch and LED under the tail hump on one of the vertical ribs in there.

The yellow LC-1 wire is not used. I just took the programming wires from the LC-1 coiled them and tied them out of the way.
Greg cautioned me to ground all the wires directly to the battery otherwise the signal will be corrupt. I have found this set up to be reliable.

I don't have the log box pro, Just the regular Denso log box. I hooked it up to the wires that are used to run the stock o2, cut the wires about 6 inches off the o2 and hooked up power ground and the 0-5 volt to the #12 pin wire that reads the o2. Everything worked. But, they read a little different from the woolich program from the wide band display.

That's why I was wondering about the calibration on the wide band sense it reads different types of fuel and has to be calibrated for that fuel type, I took the bike out for a ride to log the runs, and the bike was reading 11's on WOT but was pulling good in every gear. I lost data halfway through my log, and then went back to the bike and found that the display came unplugged and lost it while riding. The bike won't read the afr without the display hooked up to the wide band?

Go to advance settings, disable stock O2 sensor, enable wideband O2, tick fast engine data. Open up autotune, go to settings, open up wideband O2 and edit your AFRs to voltage settings.
I was cautioned that you should run your ground for your WB controller directly to the battery ground because of signal "noise".
11's with a stock tune on WOT is not unusual, they are very conservative. It is low and mid range fueling that is generally lean.

Go to advance settings, disable stock O2 sensor, enable wideband O2, tick fast engine data. Open up autotune, go to settings, open up wideband O2 and edit your AFRs to voltage settings.
I was cautioned that you should run your ground for your WB controller directly to the battery ground because of signal "noise".
11's with a stock tune on WOT is not unusual, they are very conservative. It is low and mid range fueling that is generally lean.

Correct with the grounding of it!

Back