Wideband hook up on 2012 busa

Geoff

Registered
I'm running the woolich log box and need advice on how to hook up a wide band to the ECU. I have the APSX 2 wide band, and I have hooked it up to the stock wires to the o2 sensor. Anyone else done this before? Needing to know what setting I need to have it on in the program and a how to.. too set up, and calibrate the wide band to read correctly.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Do you have the log box pro? If you have the Pro model a Xetronics model plugs right in.
Have you checked the woolrich forum for your answer?

mjl3truck

Registered
This is how I have mine wired in but it is a LC-1. Also I used OEM connectors and pins. You can get them from these two places I know of Suzuki Connectors ? Go Fast Bike Parts or Home.

At the OEM 6 pin connector there is a short "jumper" cable that goes to a 4 pin connector where the O-2 sensor plugs in, take that jumper out. Run the red wire from the LC-1 to the orange with white stripe OEM wire for switched 12v power. Take the brown wire from the LC-1 and run it to the white with green stripe OEM wire, that will be the low voltage signal to the ECU/logbox. The white with black stripe and black with brown stripe OEM wires are not used. I used the OEM 6 pin connector for the LC-wires and plugged the holes I wasn't using. I also removed the oil pressure wire from the 6 pin and gave it its own connector so I don't have to disturb it if I have to take out the LC-1.

Take the blue and white LC-1 wires and ground those at the battery. I just used a couple monster wire ties with some rubber insulation to tie the controller off to the frame. Seems hokey but has worked good for me the last 3 years.

There will be a small black wire from the LC-1 that will run to the red wire on the LED and one wire on the push button for sensor calibration.
The other wire from the push button will go to the black wire on the LED then back to ground at the battery. I mounted the switch and LED under the tail hump on one of the vertical ribs in there.

The yellow LC-1 wire is not used. I just took the programming wires from the LC-1 coiled them and tied them out of the way.
Greg cautioned me to ground all the wires directly to the battery otherwise the signal will be corrupt. I have found this set up to be reliable.

Geoff

Registered
I don't have the log box pro, Just the regular Denso log box. I hooked it up to the wires that are used to run the stock o2, cut the wires about 6 inches off the o2 and hooked up power ground and the 0-5 volt to the #12 pin wire that reads the o2. Everything worked. But, they read a little different from the woolich program from the wide band display.

That's why I was wondering about the calibration on the wide band sense it reads different types of fuel and has to be calibrated for that fuel type, I took the bike out for a ride to log the runs, and the bike was reading 11's on WOT but was pulling good in every gear. I lost data halfway through my log, and then went back to the bike and found that the display came unplugged and lost it while riding. The bike won't read the afr without the display hooked up to the wide band?

mjl3truck

Registered
Go to advance settings, disable stock O2 sensor, enable wideband O2, tick fast engine data. Open up autotune, go to settings, open up wideband O2 and edit your AFRs to voltage settings.
I was cautioned that you should run your ground for your WB controller directly to the battery ground because of signal "noise".
11's with a stock tune on WOT is not unusual, they are very conservative. It is low and mid range fueling that is generally lean.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Go to advance settings, disable stock O2 sensor, enable wideband O2, tick fast engine data. Open up autotune, go to settings, open up wideband O2 and edit your AFRs to voltage settings.
I was cautioned that you should run your ground for your WB controller directly to the battery ground because of signal "noise".
11's with a stock tune on WOT is not unusual, they are very conservative. It is low and mid range fueling that is generally lean.
Correct with the grounding of it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Wideband install ECU Turbo 16
Dark3 Wideband question Turbo 33
S ECU Editor With Wideband O2 Enabled Engine and Performance mods 4
H AEM Wideband Failsafe Gauge not waterproof Turbo 35
EchoBase Finally, all in one Tuning / Dataloging / Wideband from Woolich Racing! Engine and Performance mods 0
1busa Question for you O2 Wideband gurus Engine and Performance mods 2
Road Weazel Yet Another Question... Dynojet PC-V, Wideband Controller and ECU Hack Turbo 3
C Best wideband controller Turbo 0
HotFoot Wideband O2 Gauge General Bike Related Topics 4
D NOOB wideband question Busa Mods 3
jkwool ECU Editor : Wideband O2 AFR and Engine Data Logging now available Busa Mods 19
FORDDEE Activate Nitrous with Wideband commander ! Nitrous 1
B wego III, wideband commander, or.....? Turbo 10
M Fuel map and WideBand General Bike Related Topics 9
ColdBusa Wideband Commander. Engine and Performance mods 4
Popie Shinko Hook Up Or Hook Up Pro...? 1/4 Mile 7
Popie Shinko Hook Up Or Hook Up Pro...? General Bike Related Topics 4
Jasquini Power Hook Up Question Electrical Mods 5
8 Shinko hook up vs. M/T mcr2? 1/4 Mile 4
Busaboy1992 shinko hook up General Bike Related Topics 5
B GoPro hook-up? Random Thoughts 6
Skywalker Sandy Hook Father Pro Gun Speach... Politics 9
mysql Breaking news: No AR15 used in Sandy Hook Random Thoughts 43
kromdom Westboro Baptist Church Says It Will Picket Vigil For Sandy Hook victims!!!!! Random Thoughts 17
B Sandy Hook in Batman Dark Knight movie... Random Thoughts 6
lil charlie My sons bike got the hook-up General Bike Related Topics 15
nitro71455 5 inch extended arm, bike won't hook. 1/4 Mile 28
Boosted Cycle Perf Shinko hook-up problems (again) General Bike Related Topics 23
R Shift light hook up General Bike Related Topics 3
BusaBen2003 ANYONE ever hook up a gear selector? 2003. Random Thoughts 6
dragonbusa the hook? General Bike Related Topics 0
dragonbusa shinko hook? 1/4 Mile 3
S drag racers please hook me up/help 1/4 Mile 8
B-12 Hook-up vs. Ultrasoft 1/4 Mile 4
Lycan Anybody got a hook up on good car parts? Random Thoughts 11
M Lookin to hook up running lights! General Bike Related Topics 2
P Best deal on shinko hook up tire?? General Bike Related Topics 4
NIGHTFLIGHT dating site hot hook ups!! Random Thoughts 14
4acp Hook Up Shinkos General Bike Related Topics 11
G Help need to hook up aftermarket temp gauge Busa problems 2
justa-busa-girl getting the shinko to hook?? Gen II Busa Information 15
zx9r Does anyone have a hook-up with Galfer? Gen II Busa Information 4
redkat05 How to hook up PS3 to new tv Random Thoughts 45
ChrisGrundy where to hook up accesories Electrical Mods 26
69ls1 Digital gear indicator hook up? Electrical Mods 9
BulletTrain Wedding/bridal wear hook-ups? Random Thoughts 12
justintime2 Going to hawaii to dive! anyone have a hook-up Random Thoughts 12
B Forgot to hook up the rear seat cable with hump on Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
tedbiele Helmet Hook-up!!!????? General Bike Related Topics 48
N how do get your 4" over busa to hook up??? General Bike Related Topics 9