WI ride on Oct 18, 2009

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
A couple of us will be doing a Halloween ride Sunday October 18. It should be nice (for Wisconsin in October) weather. They are calling for a high of 56. The plan is to leave the Greenfield area around 10 and head west. Should be an all day ride but not more than 200 miles. Planning on making numerous stops for picture taking. Velociraptor and I have been talking about doing this ride for most of the summer. We thought halloween would be the perfect time to do it. We want to find and photograph as many of the old cemeteries as we can find. We have seen some real old and cool/creepy ones in our travels this year, now we want to document them.
Anyone near us that would like to make this ride, please PM me (or call if you have my number) or Velociraptor. We will get you directions and contact info so you can join us. Anyone from out of the area that would like to join us PM also. We should be able to come up with lodging for a few people from out of the area.
Hope to hear form riders wanting to go.

Last edited:
I would be right there with you Kev...but trips up north have been cancelled. Have a great time brother.

I would be right there with you Kev...but trips up north have been cancelled. Have a great time brother.
I know you only put 50 miles a year on your cager, but if you show up here, you have your choice of 3 bikes to ride and a Warm bed. Oh we moved so we have more room for you now.:poke:
Besides I need some more apple juice brother. They grow the best apples in Ohio.:beerchug:

Cage gonna get some use this week. Forcast high of 47 and rain! yikes. I'm busy getting in wood to keep the garage warm.
Been a good year for apples in our area, but processing is taking longer than expected! i'll keep a batch put aside for ya.

Sounds like a great time...can't wait to see the pix!

:beerchug:

I sure hope you guys have great weather for this one...:beerchug:

Here is an update for Sunday's ride.

We will meet at 0900 Sunday morning at Genisis Restaurant.
3740 S. 108th Street
Milwaukee/ Greenfield, Wi
414-604-9000

we will do a high carb, warmth inspiring breakfast.
Kickstands up at 10:00 and rolling.

For anyone who is not local and would like to ride in Saturday afternoon to join us Sunday, please PM as we have room to put you up and host you Saturday night. And Sunday night also if you wanted to head home on Monday

Please PM if you can make it. The more the merrier

Just for you Robert.:poke:
These are some pics I took a couple of weeks ago on one of our rides. I played with them a little and like the looks.
What do you think Sir?
Black and White.jpg

IMG00008-20091004-1329 Black and White.jpg

Black and White.jpg

IMG00008-20091004-1329 Black and White.jpg

UPDATE:
We are set for breakfast in Union Grove at 0900 Sunday morning. I have made reservations for 12 at a nice little cafe there in town. If you have not contacted me please do so so that I can increase our number reserved for.
Wayne- I counted you and your buddy. Don't know if he is coming or not.
Velociraptor
BBB
Me
LuvmyBusa
3 riding buddies of mine who I have never ridden with LOL
another couple of friends of mine
And we hope to meet up with Scar's sister later in the day.

If you want in please contact me so I can give you the details.

We roll out in about a hour to meet up for breakfast for this great chilly ride. Suppose to warm up to about 54 today. But right now the temp is not so warm.
thought someone might enjoy seeing this picture.
Morning Temp.JPG

this is going to be FUN.:please:

Morning Temp.JPG

Hey, Kev...my sister is not at all averse to riding in the cold, but please take care of her for me, bro.

Have fun, be safe, take pix!
:beerchug:

Hey, Kev...my sister is not at all averse to riding in the cold, but please take care of her for me, bro.

Have fun, be safe, take pix! :beerchug:
I will be unable to doing that Bro. She can not make this run. She has her HOG meeting at 10 and then her and a friend are running north from there. We will not be able to meet up with them as we are running south and then west.
I was looking forward to running with her again. Maybe next weekend.
We will have pictures and lots of them I hope.

Kev, looks like my dad is out. He says he just has too much to do today but I say he's just a wuss:laugh: See you guys soon

Back