Why would anyone put a switch under the tail section for gauges

Kounsy

Registered
I dnt understand why someone would put that on like that. Does anyone know why they wired it like this. I'm having to rewire alot of stuff.

Does the switch happen to control all lights, or just the guages? I can think of several reasons to make a toggle for all lights, not least of which would be to run dark when avoiding cops.....not that I would EVER do that. :whistle:

No just gauges, and hard to take pics when ur at work!!!
I thought it would be maybe a master kill switch but it runs with switch off. Iono makes no sense but who ever wired the air shifter switches were melted as well I'm just rewiring it but that switch for gauges puzzled me

No just gauges, and hard to take pics when ur at work!!!
I thought it would be maybe a master kill switch but it runs with switch off. Iono makes no sense but who ever wired the air shifter switches were melted as well I'm just rewiring it but that switch for gauges puzzled me

Sorry just hard to help with "Does anyone know why they wired it like this." with no pic. And not going in to details about what wires run where does power come from battery or the harness some where? How is it tied into the gauges would help some help you. My guess would be there is something wrong in the factory wiring they tried to fix by going around problem. You said you have melted switches on air shifter so what else did they melt.

Last edited:
Sorry just hard to help with "Does anyone know why they wired it like this." with no pic. And not going in to details about what wires run where does power come from battery or the harness some where? How is it tied into the gauges would help some help you. My guess would be there is something wrong in the factory wiring they tried to fix by going around problem. You said you have melted switches on air shifter so what else did they melt.

well im kinda in wiring mess. im getting the bike painted and where i work so much i dont have really time to go and work on it myself. the guy thats painting it found it. the guy has spliced and everything. Im not sure but ill find out tues is my only day off to get to look at it. ill get some pic posted up. when you turn the air shifter on it blew the fuse for the gauges. ill get pics up asap

Probably overloaded fuse with gauges + shifter. So he turned them off to activate it at the track. When he leave turn the ****fter off and gauges on. Just a guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably overloaded fuse with gauges + shifter. So he turned them off to activate it at the track. When he leave turn the shifter off and gauges on. Just a guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably overloaded fuse with gauges + shifter. So he turned them off to activate it at the track. When he leave turn the ****fter off and gauges on. Just a guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

that is a good point, and the way he rigged everything it wouldnt surprise me at all. but if he knew what he was doing he would have had it wired to the battery with a relay and inline fuse to run it and not through the fuse box because the airshifter will pull to many amps and blow it everytime.

that is a good point, and the way he rigged everything it wouldnt surprise me at all. but if he knew what he was doing he would have had it wired to the battery with a relay and inline fuse to run it and not through the fuse box because the airshifter will pull to many amps and blow it everytime.

Well it sounds like you know how it should be done. I would look and see how bad he fried things and maybe get a used harness and start fresh this way you know you won't have a problem later you never saw coming. Thats just me i like to know whats going on on my bike don't won't to lose power in a turn of have it catch fire thats my luck.

Well it sounds like you know how it should be done. I would look and see how bad he fried things and maybe get a used harness and start fresh this way you know you won't have a problem later you never saw coming. Thats just me i like to know whats going on on my bike don't won't to lose power in a turn of have it catch fire thats my luck.

ya im electrician, i was asking this question because i didnt know if i was missing something. i didnt know if there was a reason for it that i wasnt aware for it. i dont think i have to get a used wiring harness i think i can fix what he has done, i think i can find the wire off the ignition wire so when the key is turned on that the gauges kick on like their suppose to. people kill me:banghead:

Back