Why would anyone buy a scooter?

Found this gem on clist once...looks great with street tires.

-THE MENACE

3td3Je3Hb5K55sf5t1d73be65033dddf21496.jpg

Bots a lot of people don't even know what 2stroke means let alone how to mix ratios properly :laugh:

Bots a lot of people don't even know what 2stroke means let alone how to mix ratios properly :laugh:

I would sure assume being a '74 and a road bike that it has its own oil pump system. My '73 dirt bike did. No mixing required!

I would sure assume being a '74 and a road bike that it has its own oil pump system. My '73 dirt bike did. No mixing required!
I see a sight glass on a tank. I wasn't sure. I rode a '73 Kawi that was 2 stroke. It was a street bike.

Reminds me of my 1980 I think it was Honda XL185. It was a four stroke and a blast to ride on and off road. Of course I was only 13 when I had it and managed to get several tickets for riding on the road without a license.

Reminds me of my 1980 I think it was Honda XL185. It was a four stroke and a blast to ride on and off road. Of course I was only 13 when I had it and managed to get several tickets for riding on the road without a license.

Same here,I also had an Honda XR 250 that the cops back home could not get me on as they where on road bikes….miss those simple days where you where taken to your parents for an ass whipping when the local sergeant described your evading as Starsky & Hutch material.

Oh man, does that bring back memories. We lived down the street from the municipal court judge and would get ours wound up and kill them and coast home as we went by so he wouldn't hear us. That worked great until the day he was actually standing out there and saw us go by, very quietly of course. Problem was, it was about 10 PM and we went by lights out and engine off. He has lost an arm and had a hook in its place and was pretty terrifying sitting on the bench the next morning when Dad drug out butts in there on his request. I bet I washed more police cars in my time than most car washes. Sweet bike for sure and back then, a buck's worth of gas would run it for a week.

Back