Why wont Suzuki throw us a bone ?

DonnieF

Donating Member
Registered
My wife informed me a few months ago she wanted to sell her GSXR 750 and get a Busa and i have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this newly designed Hayabusa to come out to trade my 04 Busa in on which now will become the wifes if the 08s ever get here. I went to the largest suzuki dealer in the south knowing that they just had a trade show a few weeks ago , i talked to the manager and he told me that he knew "nothing" of the new 08 busa only that it will be a new design all together and that he learned of no new details at the show. Why does Suzuki keep such tight lips on the new models? or does suzuki even know yet?? doesnt it take years to redesign platforms?

We've been asking this question for almost eight years.... Hey Suzuki there is more than just the 1K in your stable. Feeling like the step child here a little neglected! Every other Zuk gets all the goodies while the Busa gets left out!

(DonnieF @ Oct. 15 2006,03:22) My wife informed me a few months ago she wanted to sell her GSXR 750 and get a Busa and i have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this newly designed Hayabusa to come out to trade my 04 Busa in on which now will become the wifes if the 08s ever get here. I went to the largest suzuki dealer in the south knowing that they just had a trade show a few weeks ago , i talked to the manager and he told me that he knew "nothing" of the new 08 busa only that it will be a new design all together and that he learned of no new details at the show. Why does Suzuki keep such tight lips on the new models? or does suzuki even know yet?? doesnt it take years to redesign platforms?
April or May 08 for a NEW Busa if we're lucky
lurk.gif

redesigning a bike that has been loved for years and on top for years is a very delicate act... I just hope they drop it like a nuke and let kawi spend the next 8 years trying to put another one together..
bowdown.gif

The truth is suzuki sells a LOT more gsxr600s and the gsxtr1k compared to the busas so they see it as a bigger money maker than the busa.Also the busa has had NO competition whatsoever other than the zx14.And competition is a good thing because it forces the manufacturers to upgrade their products.They probably think we havent changed the busa and these guys are happily buying em so why bother
rant.gif

(umairhashmi @ Oct. 15 2006,10:41) The truth is suzuki sells a LOT more gsxr600s and the gsxtr1k compared to the busas so they see it as a bigger money maker than the busa.Also the busa has had NO competition whatsoever other than the zx14.And competition is a good thing because it forces the manufacturers to upgrade their products.They probably think we havent changed the busa and these guys are happily buying em so why bother  
rant.gif
I really think there's a pride factor involved and that Suzuki will answer Kawasaki with a redesign. Suzuki has consistently proven to be dedicated to being the best, and develope a new King regardless of the financial pros and cons. I honestly don't think they'll fail us. As Ruthless put it so well, "let Kawi spend the next 8 years trying....."
laugh.gif

(Red05 @ Oct. 15 2006,09:14)
(umairhashmi @ Oct. 15 2006,10:41) The truth is suzuki sells a LOT more gsxr600s and the gsxtr1k compared to the busas so they see it as a bigger money maker than the busa.Also the busa has had NO competition whatsoever other than the zx14.And competition is a good thing because it forces the manufacturers to upgrade their products.They probably think we havent changed the busa and these guys are happily buying em so why bother
rant.gif
I really think there's a pride factor involved and that Suzuki will answer Kawasaki with a redesign. Suzuki has consistently proven to be dedicated to being the best, and develope a new King regardless of the financial pros and cons. I honestly don't think they'll fail us. As Ruthless put it so well, "let Kawi spend the next 8 years trying....."
laugh.gif
good point , a leap over the zx-14 and busa is what I think they will do ..foget just being on top ...they want to be
the Lord of bikes like these.

Hey ... wait ... nobody's seen the '07 LE just yet. Got a feeling that maybe we'll see something there, don't you?
lurk.gif

(Ruth|ess @ Oct. 15 2006,08:38) redesigning a bike that has been loved for years and on top for years is a very delicate act... I just hope they drop it like a nuke and let kawi spend the next 8 years trying to put another one together..  
bowdown.gif
+1

I think they will, Suzuki has a kill a flea with a sledgehammer attitude  
race.gif

Just look for the mushroom cloud around June of '07

(Justyntym @ Oct. 15 2006,11:34)
(Ruth|ess @ Oct. 15 2006,08:38) redesigning a bike that has been loved for years and on top for years is a very delicate act... I just hope they drop it like a nuke and let kawi spend the next 8 years trying to put another one together..  
bowdown.gif
+1

I think they will, Suzuki has a kill a flea with a sledgehammer attitude  
race.gif

Just look for the mushroom cloud around June of '07
What do you think will happen to '07 sales if they release the NEW '08 model in JUNE of 2007
rock.gif

My wish list :
Turbo the old one.( 06)
Get a sweet new one to learn about in 08.

I tell you, I have been wondering what it will be too, with my 04 getting 15k a year I will be looking soon too. I was leaning towards the RSV but with problems my friend has had I may have to jump ship to something else. I hate to say it but the new zx 10 R is very nice looking great lines.

Well i like yourselves have heard all the speculations and guessing from the net and know-it-alls ... but i found a few of them far fetched (im more of a realist then dreamer) . I just thought going to the source being a very large dealer thet sells hundreds of units a year would be a good insight , but i guess not. I am very interested in the new platform tho , i have owned 2 Hayabusa's since the release in 99 ... and im hooked. I just think its time for a change , i do hope they dont go the Zx-14 route tho ... the front end of the 14 looks like a creature off of Lilo and Stich.

It's because they're milking the current model(s) for all they are worth and dont want to jeopardize sale$ of them until they do actually release a revamped hayabusa. Just remember that 2007 makes it 9 model years for this bird...

lurk.gif

Geeeziz H ! All they need to do is upgrade the current one as follows.
1397 new EFI... proven 200 ez hp
better brakes ,also easy
HID lites also easy
upgrade susp....ez
throw some decent tires on it...ez
new dash..... ez

Leave the rest as is.. classic loved looks , would stomp the 1400 and not risk fuggn it up. sj

Back