why the united states is in debt ?

xc700

Donating Member
Registered
msnbc.com news services
updated 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
JERUSALEM - The United States plans to pledge more than $900 million to help rebuild Gaza after Israel's invasion and strengthen the Western-backed Palestinian Authority, a U.S. official said on Monday.

lets pledge money we dont have :banghead::wtf:

the US system is in trouble because the govt got involved in the banking system and forced banks to make loans that were bad from the start IMO.. This created a housing price bubble that was bound to collapse eventually.. people that could not afford the homes bidding against others that could not afford them.. abnormally inflated home values and people then taking equity loans against this false value... bad no matter how you look at it.. Now the Govt is going to fix what they broke? do not think so...

the US system is in trouble because the govt got involved in the banking system and forced banks to make loans that were bad from the start IMO.. This created a housing price bubble that was bound to collapse eventually.. people that could not afford the homes bidding against others that could not afford them.. abnormally inflated home values and people then taking equity loans against this false value... bad no matter how you look at it.. Now the Govt is going to fix what they broke? do not think so...

We want re-elected! We need to bail out the losers.

Nancy Pelosi

the OP has the point...the US spends god knows how many trillions of dollars in 'foreign aid', but nary a wooden nickle to the folks on this side of the pond who need it ...

.....2-1/2 years later and people in LA and TX still dont have their homes rebuilt after Katrina, but we can rebuild stone buildings that are across the globe with a pledge of 900 million? :banghead:

.....2-1/2 years later and people in LA and TX still dont have their homes rebuilt after Katrina, but we can rebuild stone buildings that are across the globe with a pledge of 900 million? :banghead:

Don't understand that myself. This country has some bass acwards priorities.???

+1 on both points

I was just reading on the news that some lady is "crying" about her home only being worth $675,000, but she owes $800,000. She blames the mortgage lender because they made it way too easy to borrow the money. She now feels entitled to bailout money for this $800k mortgage! :rofl: :rofl: SIT DOWN THE PIPE and slowly back away!

What are you guys worried about ??? ? Obama said today that he was going to reduce our DEBT in half by 2010 :laugh:

Lets see if I understand ! We pass a $750 BILLION dollar stimulis package, two days later sign a $75 BILLION payout to Real Estate (now that's after the Bush Admin last NOV gave $85 Billion to the Real Estate Morgage holders) , we have or will give the BIG THREE 45 BILLION and he will be adding an additional $500 BILLION to adjust any errors in this passage and we're now 2 Trillion in Debt before any of this is added. So, just where is he going to get this money !

OH Yeah, one of his ADVISORS said that China and Japan would buy up the Bonds. BUT, when asked; "What if they say NO !" . Her answer was, " They have NO OPTION, they will have to buy our bonds" :banghead: . I hope China heard that :rofl:

WE my FRIENDS, are in DEEP CHIMMIE CHONGAS :whistle:

oh this is going to tweak you off... the buildings are made of mud... :rofl:

can we all move to an island where only busa's are allowed on the streets and there are no tax's.....

What are you guys worried about ??? ? Obama said today that he was going to reduce our DEBT in half by 2010 :laugh:

Lets see if I understand ! We pass a $750 BILLION dollar stimulis package, two days later sign a $75 BILLION payout to Real Estate (now that's after the Bush Admin last NOV gave $85 Billion to the Real Estate Morgage holders) , we have or will give the BIG THREE 45 BILLION and he will be adding an additional $500 BILLION to adjust any errors in this passage and we're now 2 Trillion in Debt before any of this is added. So, just where is he going to get this money !

OH Yeah, one of his ADVISORS said that China and Japan would buy up the Bonds. BUT, when asked; "What if they say NO !" . Her answer was, " They have NO OPTION, they will have to buy our bonds" :banghead: . I hope China heard that :rofl:

WE my FRIENDS, are in DEEP CHIMMIE CHONGAS :whistle:

Where is he going to get the money to pay down the debt? He's probably thinking he can just borrow it or have it printed :whistle:

I just read the word "bonds" and it raised a question for me.

DISCLAIMER ----- I do not know much about what I am asking about. :)

My lil guy is five years old. He started receiving U.S. Savings Bonds (In quite large denominations) when he was six weeks old. Christening was the first event and then the bonds would come for birthdays, Easters, Christmases, you get the drift.

If I understand these bonds - they are "EE" (I think) - which take seven years to mature to face value and then are supposed to begin accruing interest thereafter. Am I on the right track? The longer he keeps them, the more the bonds SHOULD be worth?

How does the current state of the economy affect these bonds? Will the bonds actually be worth the face value at the seven year mark? Will the bonds continue to accrue interest?

I just want to make sure that the lil guys bonds are looked after.

LINKY

La Governor refuses stimulus money

No War Peace GIF by INTO ACTION

Back