Why stretch a bike?

Laylas_Mom

Registered
Is this for performance or looks? Everyone keeps telling me that I should stretch the busa out but I am not certain what the purpose is? Help a lady out here...lol.

Some do it for looks and some do it for performance. When drag racing, a stretched wheelbase can help keep the front tire down on launch. Stretching a bike can also keep the front tire down on the streets as well.

For me personally, I stretched my bike for the look.

Lakers in 6

Last edited:
The real reason is for racing, with a longer wheelbase a bike is less likely to wheelie. If your not drag racing its for looks.

The real reason is for racing, with a longer wheelbase a bike is less likely to wheelie. If your not drag racing its for looks.

That's about it. I prefer the non-stretched look but lot's of folks must really dig the stretched look based on how much time, effort and dollars go into stretching these bikes even though many never see the track.

Best of luck!

I like the looks and I want to keep that front end down.

===================================================================

BIKE 019 (2).jpg

NEW BIKE PICS 017.jpg

I did it for drag racing , looks, and because I liked wheelies too much !!:laugh:

000_1907.jpg

As stated b4 ,if your drag racing than the more the better. If its just for looks thats ok too. IMO if your just into looks anything more than 8" is tooooo much unless ya get a stretched tail section also. Ive seen some that go way to far and the tire sticks out past the tail and it just dont look right like that.

Ive got Roaring Toyz extensions on my 08 . I use it on the street and drag race with it im extended 6" for drags and no problems. I do check the bolts and make sure they are tight b4 and after I race.

As stated b4 ,if your drag racing than the more the better. If its just for looks thats ok too. IMO if your just into looks anything more than 8" is tooooo much unless ya get a stretched tail section also. Ive seen some that go way to far and the tire sticks out past the tail and it just dont look right like that.
I agree and according to the nhra and ihra drag racing rules you have to have a stretched tail section if you go say more then 2 to 4 inches out anyway..they wont allow your wheel to be out behind the fender and undertail as its not safe if you blow a tire

No strech for me.... I'm a twisties wh*re....:laugh:
Same here, probably raising the back end up an inch.

I'm also not a fan of extensions...just doesn't look to safe.
I would probably just save my pennies and change out the swing arm if I was gonna stretch it.

Back