Why should I move to Cali?

First I would like to be very clear on California being almost two states you might say...there is Southern California and Northern California...everyone Fails to realize that nor cal is more laid back...if you move inland to say chico ca. you will have all the scenery,hiking,sking,and most epic roads I have ever ridden in my lifetime. Little crime...they probably have a larger fish and game task force verses police....in this area you will only be 3 hrs from the coast and 11/2 hrs from skiing...cost of housing is just a little higher than killen but less than ventura for sure and cost of living and traffic is much less..and schools are much better...small town mentality..less than 100k population...I can say being a northern california native that its one of the most beautiful places to live..especially if you like to Fish,Hunt,Ski,Hike, or Ride street or dirt. I moved to dallas tx from hawaii in 2008 and was stationed in ft hood 88-92...I can tell you that living in california is night and day compared to ANYWHERE IN TEXAS. But like I said I am a Native to Cali...personally I would pick it over hawaii...hawaii being a close 2nd of course. Best of luck on where ever you choose.

If I lived in another state, I absolutely would not move to CA. I love my cars, bike and guns.

I can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds in any of my guns
I have to have a tool to release the magazine from my rifle
I can't have a silencer
I can't buy guns that don't meet very restrictive (and becoming more so) CA laws
I can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days
Every gun you buy is recorded by the state. When they want them, they'll come get them.
If you're lucky you live in a county that will issue a CCW (very very lucky, fortunately I am). San Diego/LA/San Fran, no chance.
When I do buy a gun, it has to sit with an FFL for 10 days while I cool off. Nevermind that I have 50 other guns I could use.

That's just the gun issues. Don't get me started on the outrageous taxes and intrusion on 1st and 2nd amendment rights that run rampant here.
Oh, and gas is average $4.30/gallon. Diesel is $4.60 or more.

The good stuff here?
We have curvy roads
We have the ocean over there <--
We have mountains over there -->
We have snow skiing up there
We have girls in bikinis down there
My wife and my job are here so I am as well

In the end, it's up to you. Do your research. Thanks for your service!

Thanks

We have our share of grief here. Jobs are tough to get. Coffee is expensive. Traffic is murderous. Lot's of unfriendly folks, too.

But the wine is good, the roads are a slice of heaven, and the weather is near perfect.

We'll leave the light on. :thumbsup:
I was able to travel all over Cali in a course of 2 weeks. Traffic was bad, but it was tolerable for me. Now drive with the drivers here at Fort Hood, and you will want to shoot someone lol. The scenory and weather is what is calling us.

To answer your question, Calif is very strick on vehicle modifications, most of which are considered illegal, especially if it has to do with emissions or exhaust. However, Calif is the only state that doesn't prohibit lane splitting.

There are probably more reasons (as others have mentioned) not to like Calif. But what does keep me here is that fact that I can drive for an hour and go skiing in the morning and then go to the beach in the afternoon. There are plenty of things to do, plenty of places to ride, great weather, great food, and great scenery.

The liberals and the environmentalist rule the state and it seems that common sense is very rare these days. They would sooner pass a law or raise a tax to protect an "endangered" species of mosquito than they would to protect our children's enducation.

Living here is very expensive compared to Texas. If you can put up with that, then welcome to Calif!
Yes I am doing alot of research on the cost of living. I know its much more then Texas. I am suing a Hospital for causing severe injuries and costing me my career. Money shouldnt be an issue, but I have to work. I cant sit at home doing nothing.

really? no one yet?
ok, i'll say it.

YOU CAN SMOKE POT! :rofl:

:hide: :laugh:

THIS!!! LOL. I will be getting a prescription for this as it helps much more then narcotic pain meds these doctors have pushed on me. Lucky for me, thanks to natural stuff, I was able to get off my very high dosages of narcotic pain meds. Never again.

If I lived in another state, I absolutely would not move to CA. I love my cars, bike and guns.

I can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds in any of my guns
I have to have a tool to release the magazine from my rifle
I can't have a silencer
I can't buy guns that don't meet very restrictive (and becoming more so) CA laws
I can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days
Every gun you buy is recorded by the state. When they want them, they'll come get them.
If you're lucky you live in a county that will issue a CCW (very very lucky, fortunately I am). San Diego/LA/San Fran, no chance.
When I do buy a gun, it has to sit with an FFL for 10 days while I cool off. Nevermind that I have 50 other guns I could use.

That's just the gun issues. Don't get me started on the outrageous taxes and intrusion on 1st and 2nd amendment rights that run rampant here.
Oh, and gas is average $4.30/gallon. Diesel is $4.60 or more.

The good stuff here?
We have curvy roads
We have the ocean over there <--
We have mountains over there -->
We have snow skiing up there
We have girls in bikinis down there
My wife and my job are here so I am as well

In the end, it's up to you. Do your research. Thanks for your service!

We have our share of grief here. Jobs are tough to get. Coffee is expensive. Traffic is murderous. Lot's of unfriendly folks, too.

But the wine is good, the roads are a slice of heaven, and the weather is near perfect.

We'll leave the light on. :thumbsup:

To answer your question, Calif is very strick on vehicle modifications, most of which are considered illegal, especially if it has to do with emissions or exhaust. However, Calif is the only state that doesn't prohibit lane splitting.

There are probably more reasons (as others have mentioned) not to like Calif. But what does keep me here is that fact that I can drive for an hour and go skiing in the morning and then go to the beach in the afternoon. There are plenty of things to do, plenty of places to ride, great weather, great food, and great scenery.

The liberals and the environmentalist rule the state and it seems that common sense is very rare these days. They would sooner pass a law or raise a tax to protect an "endangered" species of mosquito than they would to protect our children's enducation.

Living here is very expensive compared to Texas. If you can put up with that, then welcome to Calif!

First I would like to be very clear on California being almost two states you might say...there is Southern California and Northern California...everyone Fails to realize that nor cal is more laid back...if you move inland to say chico ca. you will have all the scenery,hiking,sking,and most epic roads I have ever ridden in my lifetime. Little crime...they probably have a larger fish and game task force verses police....in this area you will only be 3 hrs from the coast and 11/2 hrs from skiing...cost of housing is just a little higher than killen but less than ventura for sure and cost of living and traffic is much less..and schools are much better...small town mentality..less than 100k population...I can say being a northern california native that its one of the most beautiful places to live..especially if you like to Fish,Hunt,Ski,Hike, or Ride street or dirt. I moved to dallas tx from hawaii in 2008 and was stationed in ft hood 88-92...I can tell you that living in california is night and day compared to ANYWHERE IN TEXAS. But like I said I am a Native to Cali...personally I would pick it over hawaii...hawaii being a close 2nd of course. Best of luck on where ever you choose.

This sounds like a place we would be interested in. We really want to buy a house on the hills in ventura. Which I am aware of the costs of that.

I'm here,that alone's worth coming out for.:laugh:

On a more serious note,i've lived in IL,IN,CO,FL,and now CA for the past 17 years and have to say i wouldn't want to live anywhere else.I'm a commercial diver and am in the ocean 5 days a week,live 45 miles inland and have mountains practically in my front yard,and can ride over 300 days a year.Every state has it's good and bad points,but to me the good here far outweigh the bad.:thumbsup:

piratediverjefff said:

On a more serious note,i've lived in IL,IN,CO,FL,and now CA for the past 17 years and have to say i wouldn't want to live anywhere else.I'm a commercial diver and am in the ocean 5 days a week,live 45 miles inland and have mountains practically in my front yard,and can ride over 300 days a year.Every state has it's good and bad points,but to me the good here far outweigh the bad.:thumbsup:

^+10000

PS...also lived in AZ from '91-'95,forgot about that.

I am 50 miles south from Jeff :beerchug: in a city called Temecula (70 miles north of San Diego).

It's Wonderful to Live in Temecula!

The thought of moving to another state DID cross my mind (for all the crappy reasons already pointed out) but I cannot live in a place if I cannot do this....seriously, no BS

Surv-9702-lanesplit-lg.jpg

Back