WHY NOT scream a hayabusa??? Problem

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Welp....
Swapped out ecu with a buddy of mines who is selling his busa, noticed it revs to atleast 12k rpm(was scared to keep going) and wondered why i dont hear or can find basic info anywhere on guys running the busa to 12 or more rpm( what is max rpm in ecu editor anyway)

I know i need to tune it but im still waiting to turbo the bike first(may do it anyway) but it makes me wonder does anyone here know what it would take to scream a busa and any pros and cons with doing so? At most motor work i would like to do is head cams and valve springs so thats further more why im interested in this topic?

Yes...the busa can make plenty power at said 11k rpm but again...why not...scream the busa :race:

Last edited:
Watch a few You Tube videos, lots of people on there taking the Busa well into the red zone..

I personally haven't seen a need to rev my bike that high but to each their own. Generally most bikes make little power in the red zone and the power curve drops.

Welp....
Swapped out ecu with a buddy of mines who is selling his busa, noticed it revs to atleast 12k rpm(was scared to keep going) and wondered why i dont hear or can find basic info anywhere on guys running the busa to 12 or more rpm( what is max rpm in ecu editor anyway)

I know i need to tune it but im still waiting to turbo the bike first(may do it anyway) but it makes me wonder does anyone here know what it would take to scream a busa and any pros and cons with doing so? At most motor work i would like to do is head cams and valve springs so thats further more why im interested in this topic?

Yes...the busa can make plenty power at said 11k rpm but again...why not...scream the busa :race:
HI. My bike will rev to 13,500. You need a good oiling system, rods, pistons, crank [ like a Marine billet $3,200.00] head work, cams, valve springs [ my springs and valves were over $900.00] valve seats and guides.

Watch a few You Tube videos, lots of people on there taking the Busa well into the red zone..

I personally haven't seen a need to rev my bike that high but to each their own. Generally most bikes make little power in the red zone and the power curve drops.
But if u build it to rev that high? My question is referring to is there, would there be any benefit in doing so since ecu editor gives you the option to do so...if u would build it and maybe see hp potential why not??? More rpm would equal more overall speed wouldnt it, with power there also???

Definetly more wear on the bike but if doing motor work, what would be reasons not to build for more rpm also??? Since its there???

HI. My bike will rev to 13,500. You need a good oiling system, rods, pistons, crank [ like a Marine billet $3,200.00] head work, cams, valve springs [ my springs and valves were over $900.00] valve seats and guides.
Did u notice any beneficial performance in doing so??? Would love to see before and after performance insight!!!

I jus would love the idea of a busa screaming like a 1000cc bike...it would seem to me it would net you both worlds, a torquey screaming beast of a thing lol

Well...unless cam adjustment takes away the low end to compensate for the topend power gain, but in racing, isnt that what u want???

I guess it wouldn't matter tho cause then its gearing, torque monster long gears, peppy rever short gears???

Did u notice any beneficial performance in doing so??? Would love to see before and after performance insight!!!

I jus would love the idea of a busa screaming like a 1000cc bike...it would seem to me it would net you both worlds, a torquey screaming beast of a thing lol

Well...unless cam adjustment takes away the low end to compensate for the topend

Well...unless cam adjustment takes away the low end to compensate for the topend power gain, but in racing, isnt that what u want???

I guess it wouldn't matter tho cause then its gearing, torque monster long gears, peppy rever short gears???
Hi. It is an LSR bike. It will be turbo with NOS. Looking for 750+HP to run 250+ MPH.

=

Back