Why My Busa Is Bone Stock

ha! i finally installed a fender eliminator and removed the reflectors off my '09 last night. i just couldn't take it anymore.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mine was stock for about 10 minutes :hello:

almost 11 years later and i'm still not done :thumbsup:

Different strokes for different folks.

Since one bike does not fit all - I changed my bike to fit me better.

Riser plate and Heli bars, different windscreen and seat. Buell pegs. Wanted someplace to put my Helmet and Jacket so I
didn't have to carry them everywhere I went, so I add a Givi trunk.
A few other things too -

We all know that you never get much money back from accessories you add.
I don't care so much about that, as I will take a little more comfort over getting less money back for a bike I may never sell.

I always put ergo upgrades but never performance mods... the bike will go ZERO to JAIL faster than I can deal with as a stock bike... I don't need any more help getting there...

cap

I like the looks of the factory Gen 1, mines all stock. I even went so far as to order an OEM undertray with full fender to bring mine back to stock. Only thing I'm not going to replace are the screens that go over the ram-air intake ports.
Like RedBusarider said, different strokes for different folks..!! :-)
BB

If you keep your Busa stock you will be missing out on an even more amazing bike. By the time my Busa is an antique it will have well over 100K on it and I'm the only one who will want her......

I agree, but tasteful and documented and period correct modifications are acceptable in my book! Plus boxing and saving original parts are a plus! The fact that the Busa comes into this country so bound and de tuned how can any collector in the future fault you for unlocking the full potential via emissions and ECU. That's why ECU flash is so great! Also Using factory endorsed upgrades like Yoshimura are solid choices!

Last edited:
Spent 3 years modding mine.
Half the fun is just tinkering.

View attachment 390908

+1 I agree! Nice thing about having a Hayabusa- making it the bike you want it to be as far as comfort, performance, appearance. I have to wonder if/when any Hayabusa except the first year or 2 will be collectible. Maybe my grandson's grandson would profit from my 2011 unmolested Hayabusa? To each his own.

If I would've kept mine stuck, my bank account would have a few more grand in it.

I stayed stock from Dealer to home 31 miles . Rear fender / reflectors came off . Carbon fiber front fender extender went on to protect the oil cooler.
I then took her body work off to look around . Its been tweeks here n there . Nothing for race mostly touring , but did unlock the ECU .
Its very close to being the best bike I ever owned . If the body work was easier it would be #1 . I bet your like what was his # 1 bike ? DR650 is a blast
set up like mine was for me :)

Back