why is the hayabusa jerky at low rpm?

Don't know the technical reason for it but I'm guessing it's related to fuel, timing, or both. When I installed my PCIIIR with Johnnycheese map all that stuff went away.
wink.gif

Adjusting the slop out of the throttle may help you control it better.
Both Suzuki's I've bought in the last 6 months had about 1/2" of slop in the throttle. Made maneuvering at low rpms in 1st a pain. YMMV...

<!--EDIT|LCW
Reason for Edit: "^in 1st"|1076040800 -->

Also remember that a 1.3 liter motor that makes 175HP is not really going to be optimized for low RPM running.  If your talking about on/off throttle jerkiness Bulletrain is right, it takes at least a good tuning and prolly a PCIII to smooth that out.  If you are talking about the motor surging when left in higher gears at slow speeds it's just the motor letting you know it's not happy.  Don't lug the motor, it's not an especially finicky beast but lugging any High performance motor is bad JuJu.  Downshift, or pump up your left arm using that clutch.

Think of it like this, Formula one engines are amazingly powerful things, but they hardley run at all below about 5-6K RPMS.  So if it's surging your talking about downshift all you can then welcome to clutch hell if your stuck in traffic for an hour or so...  Keep it about 2500 RPMS while rolling and you'll be all good.  

Or QUIT riding so damn slow... your on the worlds fastest production bike...  treat it appropriately!  If you get pulled over just tell the LEO Revlis said it was OK...

Oh and adjust your throttle cable per LCW and your owners manual, and make certain your chain isn't too loose...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076024717 -->

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
...Both Suzuki's I've bought in the last 6 months had about 1/2" of slop in the throttle.  Made maneuvering at low rpms a pain.  YMMV...
The following two things made a HUGE difference in low speed/RPM handling:

(1) Tigten up the throttle cables (mine were loose as well)
(2) Make sure the idle is set correctly, about 1250 RPMs (the higher the better)

...and, what the heck:

(3) Use a HIGHER gear, even at very low speeds/RPMs

I've done the ERC (all day in a parking lot) and all kinds of stop-n-go traffic since adjusting these and really have no problems with the handling now.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: "Fergot stuff"|1076039642 -->

I think Power Commander would smoothen it.

I got my 'Busa in December, and at first was often confused when I thought I was in 2nd, while actually I was in 1st - it is that smooth. Previous owner had PC-2 installed, and from what I researched, PC does that.

It is much smoother than my Katana in 1st - this one is really on/off, so clutching was the only way at very low speeds.

All of the above. Mostly PC with a good tune. Busa does not like RPMS below 2,000

My is smooth, but I get the RPM's up, and the cables properly adjusted.

I live on a Military base, and the speed limit in the housing area is, "gasp", 15 mph.
wow.gif

The engine don't sound none too good, but the cops love to shoot radar to pick-off those 20 mph speeders.
rock.gif

The worse is the speed limit for two block section near the day care center, 5 mph!! I know you should be careful near little children, but I have to slip the clutch in my car to go that slow, plus it's very difficult to watch for kids and keeping the engine from stalling at the same time.

I live on a Military base, and the speed limit in the housing area is, "gasp", 15 mph.  
wow.gif

The engine don't sound none too good, but the cops love to shoot radar to pick-off those 20 mph speeders.  
rock.gif

The worse is the speed limit for two block section near the day care center, 5 mph!!  I know you should be careful near little children, but I have to slip the clutch in my car to go that slow, plus it's very difficult to watch for kids and keeping the engine from stalling at the same time.
wink.gif
Heh, at 5mph you can put the bike in neutral, jump off and trot along beside it! (That limit is ridiculous!)

Back