Why is ice cream cold?

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Took the kids out for ice cream the other day. My 4 yr old was eating a little too fast and got Brain Freeze for the first time in his life. After having to explain what just happened & not understanding, simply asked...

Why is ice cream cold?

Wasn't sure how to answer that one, so told him it'd be milk otherwise.

Another favorite with my daughter who was 6 is she one day out of the blue asked:

How do they make metal?

Uh. I have tendency not to sugar-coat stuff so I explained they dig up rocks out of the earth and pound them up and there's stuff in them they can melt to make into metal. Seemingly placated with that answer, she thought for a moment and then asked,

Daddy, how do they make everything?

Still working on that one. :laugh: Anybody else got any kid-ism's and zingers from the mind of a child?

No kids here. Waiting to see what people say, though. Sometimes, they can be pretty funny! Was it Art Linkletter who used to do the show, "Kids Say the Darndest Things?" I think i just aged myself, but I'm sure that show only lasted a short while because parents stopped allowing their kids to be on there!

--Wag--

My neighbors kids, a 7 year old girl and an 8 year old boy were questioning me about my new Great Dane Puppy. The little girl asked if it was a boy or a girl dog. I answered her saying it was a boy dog. Then she asked how do you tell a boy dog from a girl dog, Dayum..I didnt know what to say. Luckily her older brother answered for me. He told her that male dogs have a bigger tail. I said, yeah...thats it. Whew !! :whistle:

Y'know, now that I think about it, get her an erector set and a science book. I'd avoid the chemistry set for now, though! :D

--Wag--

my daughter when she was about 4 years old wanted to know why I ware a boobie warmer (a bra)
when she got a little older she wanted to know what a soul was.

My neighbors kids, a 7 year old girl and an 8 year old boy were questioning me about my new Great Dane Puppy. The little girl asked if it was a boy or a girl dog. I answered her saying it was a boy dog. Then she asked how do you tell a boy dog from a girl dog, Dayum..I didnt know what to say. Luckily her older brother answered for me. He told her that male dogs have a bigger tail. I said, yeah...thats it. Whew !! :whistle:

My little girl (7) would say, "because he's got a weiner!"

True story:

Our 6 year old granddaughter met her Great Grandma (90 years old) for the first time last week.
She made her a card for her birthday and on her own she wrote" It’s hard to be 90" on the card.
When she gave it Great Grandma, she looked at her (she really does look old) and asked “are you really 90?”
Great Grandma says “yes”
Our grand daughter then says “you’re going away soon”
Great Grandma, not knowing what she said got her to repeat it.
Then Great Grandma says “where am I going?”
The Grand daughter rolls her eyes up and looked up at the roof of our kitchen ( as if to say to heaven).

Well, I almost choked, and it is a good thing the Great Grandma has a good sense of humor and is still quite with it, but she too was at a loss for words.
We had a lot of good laughs over that one.

From the mouths of babes, as they say.

When my sons were both going through that "But, why?" stage and it seemed it would never end some days, my husband and I started to answer them by simply saying "yellow" :laugh: They finally caught on that there aren't logical answers to every question they had, so "yellow" seemed to work :thumbsup:

Years ago my grandmother, then about 75, was in a fender bender with another car driven by a another grandmother who was traveling with her grand daughter. It was the other woman that failed to stop and caused the accident, hitting my grand mothers car. Initially, my grand mother was pretty shaken and the other driver, with grand daughter in tow, hurried to check on my grand mother in her car - fortunately she was OK. Once things calmed down, as the three cleared their heads and prepared to deal with the mundane post-accident tasks, the other woman's grand daughter looked right at her grand mother and asked, in complete innocence and with no more intent than to understand,

"Why did you hit this lady's car?"

It's amazing how children can see the world. :beerchug:

Daddy, how do you make a Hayabusa ???? well, you harness the wrath of God, mix in a little benevolence, and throw a pair of handlebars on it !!!!! :oldcool:

Children have the capacity to be frankly honest about everything. They don't see the world any differently than we do but we filter it, interpret it and run it through so many different flawed resources we lose our ability to be honest about it.

Or so they say.

--Wag--

We regulate our TV pretty well. The other day we were watching something, not primetime, and someone said "azz". My 6 year old asked what is azz?:moon:

My wife told her a real bad word and never say it.:whistle:

True story:

Our 6 year old granddaughter met her Great Grandma (90 years old) for the first time last week.
She made her a card for her birthday and on her own she wrote" It’s hard to be 90" on the card.
When she gave it Great Grandma, she looked at her (she really does look old) and asked “are you really 90?â€
Great Grandma says “yesâ€
Our grand daughter then says “you’re going away soonâ€
Great Grandma, not knowing what she said got her to repeat it.
Then Great Grandma says “where am I going?â€
The Grand daughter rolls her eyes up and looked up at the roof of our kitchen ( as if to say to heaven).

Well, I almost choked, and it is a good thing the Great Grandma has a good sense of humor and is still quite with it, but she too was at a loss for words.
We had a lot of good laughs over that one.

From the mouths of babes, as they say.

It could be worse, she could have looked down.

Snowing for the first time of the season today. Thick white flakey flakes. My 4 yr old runs to the window looks outside, & says

Dad, Look! Christmas is here! Can we open all our gifts now? :laugh:

Uh no kid, nice try. Ya still gotta wait.:bowdown:

Back