Why is everyone so shy all the sudden?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
In the General section of this forum, which happens to be the most popular, there is nearly 10 views for every reply on threads. It doesn't seem like much but thats 100 views with only 10 replys. That looks odd to me. I don't remember it being like that a few months ago. There were replys after replys on nearly every thread. Recently, I haven't seen quite as many ... or am I mistaken?

...may be its cause there is too much of censorship in the air
wink.gif
...and too many people getting offended at the drop of a hat
tounge.gif

...oh and also, that ol bastid Rubbha is on a holiday... so that might be one of the reason why the board is so quite
biggrin.gif

In the General section of this forum, which happens to be the most popular, there is nearly 10 views for every reply on threads. It doesn't seem like much but thats 100 views with only 10 replys. That looks odd to me. I don't remember it being like that a few months ago. There were replys after replys on nearly every thread. Recently, I haven't seen quite as many ... or am I mistaken?
I didn't look here
biggrin.gif

You know I haven't really paid attention to replies. I have noticed that the subject matter has changed a bit and replying doesn't seem to be necessary to all posts these days.

Also, I think the number of members actually here right now is more than its ever been, so that may be a factor. Newer members viewing, but not having any replies to the subject matter.

Then again, it could have been this way all along and now someone has taken the time to monitor the activities of each post. Heck, I don't know, I just play here....
tounge.gif

they are working on replies they want them to be well thought out and by the time it happens the thread is old enough Its not under new posts and they cant find the search feature
tounge.gif

Than again, replying to every post when you really don't have anything constructive to add could make you a POST WH@#E!!
rock.gif

Many members are a little skeptical to post. Especially the members who are "less senior" to others. Some of you guys with a couple thousand posts sometimes let it go to your head......NOT ALL!!! Just some. When a new guy asks a question for the most part it gets answered, but there is always a heckler out there. Some guy that sits behind his computer with a zillion posts and pokes a lil' fun at new guys. So this makes some members a little gun-shy. Hope not to offend anyone......

Many members are a little skeptical to post.  Especially the members who are "less senior" to others.  Some of you guys with a couple thousand posts sometimes let it go to your head......NOT ALL!!!  Just some.  When a new guy asks a question for the most part it gets answered, but there is always a heckler out there.  Some guy that sits behind his computer with a zillion posts and pokes a lil' fun at new guys.  So this makes some members a little gun-shy.   Hope not to offend anyone......
Pipe down newbie!
ices_rofl.gif

I'm kidding...

I don't know why things are quiet...maybe we're all working...
biggrin.gif
naa, that's not it either...
laugh.gif

Back