Why is buying a new car such a Pain in the Azz

busabutter

Registered
Been looking for a new ride, one with doors and a roof. Every stinkin dealership I've been too are flooded with idiot sales people who don't know diddly.

I said I was looking, let me look around without you following me around asking BS questions about my life. I'm buying a car not looking for a speed dating service.

Why do they all play that bait and switch BS. I am so tired that I don't even want a new car anymore. And lies and lies coming out of their mouths, don't know who or what to believe.

Maybe I should just build and inclosure on my bike for rainy days. Quote of the day " we aren't making any money on this deal " right........
all_coholic.gif

That's why I shop late in the evening or on sundays's
guns.gif

I'll find you if I have a question or need further assistance.

Just go and look  
SHOCKED.gif
for the car you want (cause in my experience you know alot more about the car than they do--- which to me is incredible since you know more about their product than they do  
wow.gif
) or do as I do. Tell them what you want, and sit there and ask: DO YOU HAVE IT OR NOT ? If not, I'll go somewhere else. And on the money, just tell them: Really I don't care whether or not you make money on the car, just tell me how much YOU WANT ME TO WRITE THE CHECK FOR and I'll decide whether or not it's a good deal
mad.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 11 2007,21:37) Just go and look  
SHOCKED.gif
for the car you want (cause in my experience you know alot more about the car than they do--- which to me is incredible since you know more about their product than they do  
wow.gif
) or do as I do. Tell them what you want, and sit there and ask: DO YOU HAVE IT OR NOT ? If not, I'll go somewhere else. And on the money, just tell them: Really I don't care whether or not you make money on the car, just tell me how much YOU WANT ME TO WRITE THE CHECK FOR and I'll decide whether or not it's a good deal
mad.gif
I'm with you on that...

Go to whatever dealership you are looking, take 15% off the sticker and deduct any promos, that should be the price, if they wont deal with that, then walk away. but that only works on new cars.

lol i just cruise threw on my bike so when they come out you just go a little faster... its pretty funny
all_coholic.gif

I'm in the process of buying a new car, and the first dealership pissed me off. Very nice salesman, but the bait and switch annoyed me. They said there was a 2008 on the lot in red, and it was $23,150 through "autobytel.com". I get there and its an '07, and that price is if you lease it, its another $1,000 if you are buying it. Suuuure.... Guess what, I went to another dealer.

The next dealer said they had the car in another lot, but I now test-drove the car at the 1st dealer and knew i liked this car. Put $250 down, hoping to get the car in the next couple days, dealer calls the next day and tells me that the car supposedly had 400 miles on it, and he's going to locate me another one. I bet they never had the car and intended to locate one once i put money down. The car they finally located had 200 miles on it, I told them to find me another one. Waiting for the 3rd car to come in now....

First thing I do when introducing myself to the sales person is ask "If I decide to buy this automobile right now and here; Can you authorize the deal?" If the answer is no, I tell them to go get the person who can or I walk..... No middle man! I won't have it. Next, due your research and have it listed out on paper with all features options, etc your looking for. Now the most important part is to have a figure on that same piece of paper... You simply hand them the paper with all the info and tell them When U can meet that give me a call! But, don't call unless you can
SHOCKED.gif

Sometimes I tell em, better yet call me when your one car away from meeting your monthly goal......

What I hate is when the first thing out of their mouth is how much you want to pay a month. I want a deal on a specific car, nit let them put the least amout of car they can into my budget.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 12 2007,09:59) What I hate is when the first thing out of their mouth is how much you want to pay a month. I want a deal on a specific car, nit let them put the least amout of car they can into my budget.
Unfortunately that is not their fault. Most consumers start their shopping expeditions based on the amount they can afford to pay each month. Dealers recognize that and play to it... Thats all I am ever asked some times by Buyers... How much is that a month... I just how much do you have?

I steer clear of most dealerships for this very reason...

We always have great luck buying from private sellers, but if you're really in need of a NEW car, see if there are any "no haggle" dealerships in your area. They're popping up everywhere around me...price listed is the best you'll get...though they mostly sell used vehicles, we had a wonderful experience with CARMAX (available online as well in person).

I refuse to waste any more of my life haggling with the middleman while he tries to bargain with his boss...I don't have the patience for it...

When I bought my 05 truck,they couldn't give me any BS.GM employee discount plus another 3500 off [sale and cash back].I got $6485 off sticker.sticker was over 22,000.Probably the last new vehicle [cage]I'll ever buy unless I can get a great deal.New car prices are just stupid.
argue.gif

I haven't bought a brand new car since 1993. The depreciation is terrible. I generally buy 2-3 years old and look for something coming off of a lease.

(jessup @ Sep. 12 2007,11:15)
(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 12 2007,09:59) What I hate is when the first thing out of their mouth is how much you want to pay a month.  I want a deal on a specific car, nit let them put the least amout of car they can into my budget.
Unfortunately that is not their fault.  Most consumers start their shopping expeditions based on the amount they can afford to pay each month.  Dealers recognize that and play to it...  Thats all I am ever asked some times by Buyers... How much is that a month... I just how much do you have?
I'm sure its a valid question. I just don't think it is an appropriate first question. I walk away when the conversation starts "Hi, I'm Bob. So how much are you looking to pay a month?" The salesman obviously underestimates or doesn't care about my knowledge of the vehicle I'm looking to purchase.

You guys are doing it all wrong. Here's how you do it.

My best friend was a used car salesman for years. It's a game, and he's very good at it (to the point of slimy). In the past, I would take him with me and tell him for every $1000 he gets the price lowered, I would give him $20. It works out great. We have gotten some great deals. We also have been kicked off numerous lots, but had fun doing it.

(phatj33pyj @ Sep. 12 2007,12:53) You guys are doing it all wrong. Here's how you do it.

My best friend was a used car salesman for years. It's a game, and he's very good at it (to the point of slimy). In the past, I would take him with me and tell him for every $1000 he gets the price lowered, I would give him $20. It works out great. We have gotten some great deals. We also have been kicked off numerous lots, but had fun doing it.
I guess that method only works if you have a slimy used car salesman friend
laugh.gif

Car sales people can be leaches and snakes / or a great friend, the bad part is money motivates them and typically that is what a "new" customer means to them. I am 1 for 3 on "good" service after the sale. What kill's me is all the extras, extended waranty, extra clear coat saver, service packages...If you got the money now!...I want the vehicle now!

I get stressed thinking about it. End of story.

Dealership will not loose money on the deal.
Do a research get multiple quotes from as many dealers as you can.
Print best 5 out and go to your closest dealer.
Askem if they can beat lowest bid by $500? if not leave them your card and asked them to call you when they can.

they will call you in 2 hours or less.

Go back and asked them for written copy of the deal.

Take it with you and leave the lot. They don`t want you too. they will give you coffee, donuts, dinner... pretty girl to talk with.. They will do anything to keep you there so you will be tired and miss some unfortunate miscalculations.

NEVER finance you car at the dealer financial services. with a few exceptions they will own you on their financing.

example: ZERO % financing. there is not such things on the world as 0% financing. Why for the love of God they will lend you money for free when they can land them to someone else on real estate market or government papers.

I know why. fine print stated that they will have service charge, $16.95 a month for every $1000 financed. So for $20k car it makes 339 bucks only for processing fees. each month

They call it business I call it cheating.

I am done. I know of one dealership in my area that is professional and 2 out of town. I have lost all interest in buying a new vehicle.

I just got a call from a dorky salesman that had the nerve to ask me for my bike. Needs lessons on professionalism. I was thinking about the car and rode my bike to look at the vehicle. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Its like pulling teeth. You almost want to go ballistic on some of these sales people. Blah blah blah talking crap out there mouths. My bike is of no concern to you. You should be telling me more about the vehicle and what kind of incentives you can offer. Not how much did I pay for my bike how fast does it go this car will be worth more this car can go faster this car will hold its value..........on and on.

I told this guy I wanted to go look at some others that I had in mind and he replied why, this is what I want and this is better. I wanted to shout out obsenities and hit him. But I left and when he called said I wasn't interested anymore.

I am not buying tickets to a game I am buying a car, the second biggest investment that one can make. And they have retards giving you crap.

I think I will just go buy another bike. Have a M109 that I have been eyeballing for some time now.

Wow, car dealers suck in your area.

here's what I did:

I did the research on the car my wife wanted and found out what MSRP was, and what invoice was. I sent faxes to 5 dealerships near us that sold them, and asked them fax back their best price, and informed them i had sent the identical fax to 4 other dealerships, and that the only one i was going to call was the one who sent me the lowest price. Within 4 hours, i got 4 faxes back and called the lowest one. I took the fax in, asked for the sales guy, talked to him, and drove off with the new car about an hr and a half later. I paid dealer invoice for the car, too.

it doesn't hurt that I had financing already secured through the credit union I belong to, and it didn't hurt that I told him ahead of time that if he tried to throw any extras in on me at closing, i was going to walk out.

if you take control of the sale from the get-go, you won't get buttraped.

Back