Why im sticking with OEM rotors

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I'm still running the original rotors front and rear. Yup, I haven't replaced them with almost 90K miles on them now. I don't brake much. That's why.:laugh:

The pads have been changed a couple of times and the front calipers have been rebuilt once. Also, djxtrordinaire and Big E changed the fluids late last year.

I just thought I'd share it with you all.

Hey sleepless, since you mentioned break calipers, have you ever considered going with steel braided brake lines? Just a question (mainly for looks, & some would say, to increase braking performance).

I'm still running the original rotors front and rear. Yup, I haven't replaced them with almost 90K miles on them now. I don't brake much. That's why.:laugh:

Have you measured them with calipers and are they within the service limits?

Good to know that they wear well.

With the mileage that you have I would say you cruise cruise cruise until it's time to go home :laugh:

Only easy stops for gas and to drive into the driveway, right? :laugh:

Hey sleepless, since you mentioned break calipers, have you ever considered going with steel braided brake lines? Just a question (mainly for looks, & some would say, to increase braking performance).
I already have the steel braided lines. Thanks for reminding me.
Have you measured them with calipers and are they within the service limits?

Good to know that they wear well.

With the mileage that you have I would say you cruise cruise cruise until it's time to go home :laugh:

Only easy stops for gas and to drive into the driveway, right? :laugh:
Yes, I have. They're still good and you got it right about the easy stops.:beerchug:

Back