Why I prefer backroads and stay ahead

One of the best things a motorcycle rider can do is not follow trucks with anything in bed or trailers, and of course do not follow that closely. Had she left enough car lengths, that board might not have hit the windshield.
Agreed though, I hate interstate riding.

woooow that was a close call. riders be safe out there, you dont know whats gonna fly out from under the tire of the vehicle in front of you.

Well, the backroads have the bumps, rocks, and bambi's grandfather bucking for you.

(still like them better :laugh:)

I agree, always try to stay out front or stay back. Not only might you catch something but you might not be able to avoid running over something and going down. It probably won't end well if you go down on the I and become a speed bump.

Most eye opening thing I've had happen on the slab has happened twice now, a diesel exploding a rear trailer tire right in front of me. Thankfully in a car both times, would probably have been ugly on a bike.
I too stay mostly on the backroads when I'm on the bike (no corners on the interstate). But there are things there too. Deer, turkeys (turkey at chest level will take you right off the back of the bike at 70mph), buzzards, and the carcasses they are eating in the middle of the road. Gotta always keep your eyes open.

last year coming back from the dragon i had a 18 wheeler trailer tire blow 20 ft ahead of me, luckily it was a 3 lane hwy and i got over but i was still getting chunks hitting me, left rubber marks all over my bike. Dam tire unraveled like the retread just broke adn fell apart.

Hit a deer once out in the country, fortunately i didn't go down but when i turned around the deer was dying in the middle of the road. poor gal damn thing turned right into me going up a hill.

this thread makes me feel good about riding 1500 miles on the interstate in a couple days from now. lol

Back