Why i never use dealerships

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
The story goes like this:

I have a Zero Gravity DB windscreen. As I remembered it, I had replaced the stock screen and the new screen had just slipped in and needed only two screws to complete the installation. To make the story short--WRONG. I had not installed the DB screen, the dealership had. I had the original given to me and after looking at it I saw how the screen should be installed.

Jump to the chase. The screen was making an annoying buzzing rattle that had gotten worse over time, and having read how H.org members used electrical tape on the edges to silence their screens, I started out to do the same.

I took out the two screws and pulled. WTF, the wind screen would not budge. Upon inspection, there were two rubber grommets that were holding the screen. Confused, I removed two plastic rivets (now I knew I had never done this), and discovered that one of the two rubber grommets (that had brass internal threads) was reversed. After much hassle, I managed to remove the one that was installed backwards and re-install it.

You guess correctly if you think that putting in the grommets correctly solved the rattle problem. My point is: if a shop cannot install a windshield that requires only two screws for installation, what else can they NOT do correctly! The dealership, for the record, is YAMAHA SUZUKI OF TEXAS, 1505 W. Hurst Blvd., Hurst, TX (credit where credit is due).

My thoughts now? What else did they screw up before I got the bike. Can anyone give me a list of items that dealerships do to make ready a bike before the customer receives it? I would like to go over these items and look for something that might be a lot worse than a loose windshield.

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139883526 -->

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
If its new, how about putting it nearly together  
wow.gif
. I knew you would love that answer  
sad.gif
. Better check most bolts, chain (tension), check the trueness of the rear wheel, seat bolts and front wheel bolts. I don't know how disassembled the Suz comes, but I know most Hondas need to have wheels and so on attached !

Just take your time and check the bolt items, chain an so forth, it want take long (maybe 30 min max) and you'll feel better  
beerchug.gif

hbr

"It's all good"
Donating Member
Registered
Scary- wonder if they take the "frankenstein" bolts of with pliers to take the back plastic off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown It never gets old.Shocking your adult children.Got the daughter yesterday. Random Thoughts 2
rubbersidedown Looking for 2 things,long shot,but ya never know Random Thoughts 9
rubbersidedown D.I.D motorcycle chain,brand new,never installed Parts and Modifications 0
Sandow Ten Things I Never Knew About Las Vegas Until I Ran a High-Roller Suite Off Topic 3
Sandow I spent 2 years cleaning houses. What I saw makes me never want to be rich. Off Topic 2
Nina My never ending clicking problem Busa problems 25
D Never thought It'd happen so soon Accident / Crash Forum 27
white.Busa Hayabusa for sale lightly used never been abused... Videos 9
Z-MAN74 Recovered from being hit by drunk driver w/ no ins. And still need front nose for 06 limited pearl white to purchase, please help I'll never throw aw General Bike Related Topics 13
NJBusa Been a member but never introduced myself New Owners Forum 14
ali123 some people never learn Off Topic 35
fallenarch Funny Patches I Never Made Random Thoughts 2
Mason357 Never Let Anyone Else Ride Your Busa Accident / Crash Forum 56
gurrera We Can Never Find The Answers, Can We? The Playground 1
G Dragon Bike Never Sold, Soooo General Bike Related Topics 7
scrappy Never Thought I Would See The Day Random Thoughts 2
GP2001 Never Been There Random Thoughts 2
1 Ah, it'll never happen to me. But it did... (GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING) General Bike Related Topics 27
GNBRETT This is Why I Don't and NEVER Will Carve Corners Again..... Random Thoughts 12
1 You just never know.... Random Thoughts 18
HOOKDADDY OK i c were it has been asked a few times but never answer SOOOOOO Appearance mods 10
M The hayabusa starter problems - a never ending story General Bike Related Topics 23
Jaysdee I will never ever ride with my visor up while in a rural setting again!!! General Bike Related Topics 41
P I swore I would never ride one... New Owners Forum 20
J Why cats should never get drunk... Random Thoughts 4
G Classic You Tube,, never gets old! Random Thoughts 15
J The Town That Never Was... Random Thoughts 10
Dookoo Bursig Paddock Stand. Never going back to my Pit Bull General Bike Related Topics 60
captain Never give up..... Random Thoughts 10
dadofthree These dirtbags never stop Random Thoughts 10
Hayabusa4life 9/11 Never Forget Random Thoughts 9
raydog Never thought I'd own one of these! General Bike Related Topics 7
DaCol. Never thought this would happen General Bike Related Topics 18
Projekt Some things never change... Random Thoughts 4
A Never Give Up! Videos 10
MLSDUKE1 I NEVER do this, but Random Thoughts 8
Flicka Fontana as most have never seen it Random Thoughts 12
zukracer You'll never look at a copy machine the same way - info thieves gold mines Random Thoughts 4
BusaWhipped You never know who's going to drop in for dinner Random Thoughts 19
captain Just an example of why gun registry will never work... Random Thoughts 40
captain Never irritate off a woman that knows how to run a backhoe... Random Thoughts 21
raydog It never ceases to amaze me! General Bike Related Topics 30
Big E Like it never happened. LOL General Bike Related Topics 3
Blanca BusaLess I never was good at following instructions. Random Thoughts 4
jellyrug Never let your guard down when parking a Busa General Bike Related Topics 15
black diamond busa Never Forgotten Random Thoughts 9
Lazerblade Some things I wish I never learned. Random Thoughts 14
G Old habits never change! 2012 Spring Busa Bash - April 20-22 22
Deuce_C15s The never ending question! General Bike Related Topics 17
TWT racer Busa parts never die General Bike Related Topics 38