Why I love racing Hayabusas

dnstommy

Registered
My 08 black and grey (fastest color) went 9.81 @ 143 100% stock with a strap.

I just put on a Tsukigi Cannon, Bazzaz w/ AFM, air filter, 17/45 sprockets, over 6 inches, Shinko tire and clutch mod. Tonight I went to the track and went 9.75 @ 143. $2300 for 1/2 a tenth :laugh:

Ha!! Too much at one time and I knew it. But I get to spend the next few months working it out. The auto mapper is doing its job and adjusting to this Florida air, humid as hell now. I think it was 75% out tonight. Bike felt great and did almost 117 in the eighth. But I think the gear change is hurting me and my top end torque. Might need a richer 5th gear to grunt through it.

My best 60 foot was 1.68. I did 1.65 in stock length. But with the over I hit 1.70 every time. Now to be a man and put the hammer down.

God I love this bike and the hobbies it creates for me.

Sounds like you have some good air like we have over here in east TX.... Get that 60' down and u will be running 9.4-9.5.

Not bad Not Bad :beerchug::thumbsup:. But Blue being the (fastest color) Stock with a strap went 9.04 1/4 at 152.95 mph 1.487 60 ft and 6 in the arm with a Brock:poke:
k1dn43.jpg
[/CENTER][/IMG]

Last edited:

When at the track I witnessed several times friends on an 08 and One on an 07 Busa stock but straped that is all........Both weigh the same and the 2008 was consitantly doing 9.90's at 144 and 145mph and the guy on the 2007 was doing 10.1 at 133 134mph every time
I was amazed at the Power of the 08

Not bad Not Bad :beerchug::thumbsup:. But Blue being the (fastest color) Stock with a strap went 9.04 1/4 at 152.95 mph 1.487 60 ft and 6 in the arm with a Brock:poke:
CENTER]

Just curious of what time of year you ran the 9.0? Im running 9.30 now in the heat and humidity we have now. Wish I had your mph as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

I just put on a Tsukigi Cannon, Bazzaz w/ AFM, air filter, 17/45 sprockets, over 6 inches, Shinko tire and clutch mod. Tonight I went to the track and went 9.75 @ 143. $2300 for 1/2 a tenth :laugh:

Ha!! Too much at one time and I knew it. But I get to spend the next few months working it out. The auto mapper is doing its job and adjusting to this Florida air, humid as hell now. I think it was 75% out tonight. Bike felt great and did almost 117 in the eighth. But I think the gear change is hurting me and my top end torque. Might need a richer 5th gear to grunt through it.

My best 60 foot was 1.68. I did 1.65 in stock length. But with the over I hit 1.70 every time. Now to be a man and put the hammer down.

Now wait orange is the fastest color:laugh: mine went 9.5 @146 with a full Yosi.,bmc filter and extended with stock tire. but now it has a 46 tooth sprocket on it do you think that will help it or hurt it in the 1/4?

How much do you weight again...?

I'd say the gearing is killing you since you aren't use to it yet combined with the extended wheelbase. With it +6"s you should be leaving a LOT harder (1.5's or better with that length). That is why you aren't seeing much difference just yet. Also what are you shifting at...? Try shifting around 11,500 indicated to get that MPH up where it should be.

What are your 1/8 and 330 times...?

I'd say the gearing is killing you since you aren't use to it yet combined with the extended wheelbase. With it +6"s you should be leaving a LOT harder (1.5's or better with that length). That is why you aren't seeing much difference just yet. Also what are you shifting at...? Try shifting around 11,500 indicated to get that MPH up where it should be.

191 lbs
Shifting @ 10,750

I'm sure you right about the launch. I tried to give it hell on the launch, but just cant convince my hand to twist the throttle hard enough.

Do you remember what your 1/8th time was, when I had the 750 setup it ran a 6.55 at 121 so I was kinda wondering what that would have been close to in a 1/4.

17/45 sprockets

That's a pretty good chunka sprocket. I haven't quite figured this one out yet but.....on all the other bikes I've had I run fsater with 3-5 teeth lower. On my other Busa I run faster at stock sprockets. The key however, might be an air shifter. My buddy just got one and we are both running stock sprockets on the strip (I actually run two up on the street). Anyway, with an air shifter my buddy can pull on me every shift by just the smallest amount. I think this would be the key to getting a good time with that low of a sprocket and not running out of gear so quick.
The reason I was getting slower times was because of shifting quicker and more often. The stocker seemed to be right in the power range I needed. Ran 9.8 stock, he ran 9.7's all day with the air shifter on stock sprocket

my bike noses over before 11500..

17/45 sprockets

That's a pretty good chunka sprocket. I haven't quite figured this one out yet but.....on all the other bikes I've had I run fsater with 3-5 teeth lower. On my other Busa I run faster at stock sprockets. The key however, might be an air shifter. My buddy just got one and we are both running stock sprockets on the strip (I actually run two up on the street). Anyway, with an air shifter my buddy can pull on me every shift by just the smallest amount. I think this would be the key to getting a good time with that low of a sprocket and not running out of gear so quick.
The reason I was getting slower times was because of shifting quicker and more often. The stocker seemed to be right in the power range I needed. Ran 9.8 stock, he ran 9.7's all day with the air shifter on stock sprocket

not real unusual, big torque motor likes taller gears.. our big CID race motors worked best on taller gear sets so we could utilize the torque curve a bit better..

Last edited:
Back