Why I love my BMW!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Unbelievable. They have been making this bike for 8 years. So now that they sent me a recall, if I ride it and something happens it's on me. So that makes it a $30K paper weight. Bet I'll get top dollar now that no one knows when it can be ridden again.

Absolutely ridiculous, and even more so that they don’t have the parts necessary (now) for an announced “safety recall”. Like you said, and what they didn’t address is, WTH are you supposed to do, and for how long? I’ve had recalls on cars I’ve owned and all I had to do was make an appointment for immediate remedy. Idiots, corporate bureaucratic idiots.

Wifes Benz has a recall from 2014... Takata airbags. Made it to level 3... they tell me the next stage is to actually replace them. I ask what is the worst that will happen if we just drive it. They say if the bag deploys, there is a good chance that we will be severely maimed, or die from shrapnel. Wtf?! a loaner was out of the question. Good thing, because it has been over 5 years. Criminal.
Troy

Wifes Benz has a recall from 2014... Takata airbags. Made it to level 3... they tell me the next stage is to actually replace them. I ask what is the worst that will happen if we just drive it. They say if the bag deploys, there is a good chance that we will be severely maimed, or die from shrapnel. Wtf?! a loaner was out of the question. Good thing, because it has been over 5 years. Criminal.
Troy
Those takata airbags are currently being recalled for replacement over here in Australia , people have been killed by shards of metal on bag deployment !!

Those takata airbags are currently being recalled for replacement over here in Australia , people have been killed by shards of metal on bag deployment !!
Air bag recall was started a 15 months ago in NZ.
Just today at work I was shown the same recall notice for the K1600, we have a K1600 here that’s listed by vin number also, a trade in, and the BMW tech was shaking his head too.
I’m so glad I have a Suzuki, the Beemers have certainly had a few issues, it’s going to make a few diehard Beemer fans wary of buying another one I’m thinking.
Imagine trying to control a rear wheel lock up on one of those behemoths!

Troy
My 2013 mustang had to go visit the thieves at the dealership twice for the airbags. Got one letter to take it in for the driver airbag Replacement and a few months later, got a second letter to bring take it in for the passenger bag.

Sorry 2 hear about your Bimmer......:banghead:

Don’t like to be the type of guy 2 kick a man when he’s down. BUTT :poke: That was the biggest factor in buying my Harley over a Bimmer or Doocati. Lack of Dealer network and scarcity of OEM parts available. If my local shop doesn’t have a part I need there’s 20 other dealerships within a 2hrs drive that will

Sorry 2 hear about your Bimmer......:banghead:

Don’t like to be the type of guy 2 kick a man when he’s down. BUTT :poke: That was the biggest factor in buying my Harley over a Bimmer or Doocati. Lack of Dealer network and scarcity of OEM parts available. If my local shop doesn’t have a part I need there’s 20 other dealerships within a 2hrs drive that will
The down side of your strategy is you still have to ride a Harley! Ha ha. I'm down but can still kick my friend! :beerchug:

There are 2 good BMW dealers near me. One is 30 min and the other a super dealer is only 2.5 hrs. This is a specific internal part they had made in China (rumors). A dealer would not stock it. But you would think BMW would have sourced them prior to issuing the recall. But that's just me, a dumb owner's POV.

Only 5 hours to change 5th 6th ,and forks .
Who the F is doing it ? Factory ?
The 5 hours they throw out is so that the techs doing the update whenever they have parts know just how bad they're gonna get screwed ar least that how our service bulletins work. Hopefully fir the techs sake it's easily done in that time frame. And I hope it doesn't take as long for them to get the parts as Troy has been waiting for his car. :banghead:

I think my bike is done. it's going to be at least a year IMHO. They have to source the parts. Then check them. then the first ones will go into the new bikes so they can sell them. Even at a quick 5 hour turn a round that will quickly overwhelm my dealer and probably most of them too. Serious mess. Sucks because I had decided to eat the loss this fall and sell it. Not sure if I can even sell it now. So it will go in the back of the garage and collect dust.

The down side of your strategy is you still have to ride a Harley! Ha ha. I'm down but can still kick my friend! :beerchug:

There are 2 good BMW dealers near me. One is 30 min and the other a super dealer is only 2.5 hrs. This is a specific internal part they had made in China (rumors). A dealer would not stock it. But you would think BMW would have sourced them prior to issuing the recall. But that's just me, a dumb owner's POV.
Wonder if your bimmer transmission parts came from the same China factory they assembled my piece of crap mustang transmission.

I think my bike is done. it's going to be at least a year IMHO. They have to source the parts. Then check them. then the first ones will go into the new bikes so they can sell them. Even at a quick 5 hour turn a round that will quickly overwhelm my dealer and probably most of them too. Serious mess. Sucks because I had decided to eat the loss this fall and sell it. Not sure if I can even sell it now. So it will go in the back of the garage and collect dust.

Does the BMW Dealership you got it from carry any other brand bikes??? If so would they be willing to take that as trade for something else??

Can’t remember if it was on this forum or not but a few years there was a major recall on a Bimmer model something to do with the linkage or shock mount breaking??? Same thing happened issued a recall and said not to ride it. Guy took him bike back to the dealership cause the part was backordered months in advance. They let him trade it in on something else and ate the negative equity

A friend of my brothers had a BMW GS1250 and it was to have warranty work done to the final drive and was told not to ride it. He ignored them (because it's a BMW and they are bullet-proof) rode it and the final drive went out of it. He trailered it to them and they fixed it (they didn't know he was riding it).

Needless to say, it didn't come home with him, the minute it was fixed, it was gone, along with the trust of the brand.

Back