Why I love my BMW!

arch.... the ONLY way to remove the transmission is to remove the clutch, the clutch basket is fastened to the output shaft (clutch shaft) with a torqued nut....so the clutch MUST be removed to take out the transmission.
The instructions from BMW is to fit ALL the parts in the recall kit they send regardless of how the gears appear to look, it’s mandatory to replace the supplied parts.
Our tech is BMW trained and is not doing any work he does not need to be doing.
I cannot speak for your bike’s recall, but this is how it’s done according to BMW.
Interesting. That is not how mine went but who knows. Anyway all of that is why I just stroked the check and traded it in. No telling what went on in the shop. Wish I had photos now. I didn't take any because I planed to get rid of it

Both GS bikes on the "Long Way Round" blew their final drives on that show. I'm told this is a common trait with this bike as they are now a sealed unit...that being said Ewen McGregor rides one in his personal life so he never lost faith in them.

BMW guys would say the GS/GSA does break down, but those bikes are being badly abused - which is what they are for. Remember though it competes in every brutal race in the world and is the mount of choice. For me BMW has a reliability issue as they do experience failures a premium bike shouldn't have. But remember the Busa has a history of transmission failures too. Anyway, it's a great bike while it's running and I'll just cross my fingers.

Man that sure does
blow chunks Willie .

I am very sad for you
on this whole deal the
BMW has been . . .

What a shame
on a premium
brand bike
company .

Class action law
suit coming ? ? ?

:poke: