Why I hate choppers (or thought I did)

We got a silver one on the floor right now, I've sat on it, feels pretty good, bars arent in your chest and you can turn this thing without a 20 point two step.

I like this color better

HONDA CHOPER.jpg

It is not bad. A modded VTX. It has a good engine and nice looks. I still like the VTX C a little better.

I don't know anyone that drives one for comfort (and I know a couple.)

i actually like the way a chopper handles over a regular cruiser any day...to me, they actually ride better sort of like a long wheel base car

It's for sale!:thumbsup: I opted to go with a new 07 VTX1800F for three thousand less.

i actually like the way a chopper handles over a regular cruiser any day...to me, they actually ride better sort of like a long wheel base car

But can your back handle it for an extended ride? That has always been what I have heard (and what i could imagine too.)

Not that I would ever be interested in this bike (or any chopper), but this new Honda is one of the cleanest looking rides I've seen. I think they nailed it - especially if it can actually handle.

It amazes me that people really want choppers. Most of them handle like crap and are uncomfortable. How do you steer with apehangers above your head? Motorcycles should be purposeful. A piece of art is great, but it better work if it's on the street. My buddy's 1945 WLA will outperform most choppers in anything other than a straight line.

the thing is not a hardtail correct? so it should not ride that bad.. and the position is not all that radical and if fact looks a bit "relaxed"

Brochure

hondafury2.jpg

Last edited:
See, the guy in that pic? I had the same posture riding my Harley and I couldn't go for more than an hour without getting some horrible strain in my upper back. The back isn't designed to pivot at the shoulders, it's supposed to pivot at the waist, which is how I know my Busa loves me so. :laugh:

here is a shot of the production bike (first one was prototype)
I have ridden like this for long hours on my Vtwin... never really bugged me..
AVPageView%20572009%20121715%20PM.jpg

is the 3G justified or is it just the "I am new" bling factor?
Randy, I think the bike looks great, and the 1300 VTX engine is amoung the best Honda has ever produced. For someone who wants the chopper look without spending a fortune, the Fury is right on. We made a special buy on some leftover VTX 1800, and I bought one of those for $10K. To say I'm pleased with it is an understatement.

Was at my local Honda shop yesterday, they have a blue one. Asking 13k. Looks really good in person, I would ride one.

Hi Kat, figures you would see this post.. :laugh:

You know it! :laugh:

There is one thing you said about Krystal being a convert that has really stuck in my mind. She will have the best of both worlds! The one thing in common is the true brotherhood!

I would hate to even list some of the choppers I have rode in my lifetime.

Back