Why hayabusa engine can run over 10000 rpm not like car

KoreanPooh

Registered
What is the secret..

It's best way run more RPM with more power for compact ...

But why supercar's rpm limit is below 8000rpm?

I think If I make some tunning on Hayabusa' engine make more torgue on low band below 3000 rpm...

It's quiet usefull for most of cars

( like low rpm only turbo..)\

why suzuki don't use their motor on car???

It's so mysterious...

Can you solve this puzzle for me?

Bigger motor = more rotating mass and the more rpm's there are on rotating mass the more vibration the more vibration the harder it is to be dependable on top of that you add in heat from friction which leads to knock and other things. In other words theres alot of reasons why things arent a viable option on all motors.

Blatant attacks will result in a ban. No further warnings will be given. The man is asking for help, not to be made fun of.

Not enough torque. The ford focus base 2.0 engine has 146lbs. I think the busa has around 96-98, would be a dog in a 3000lb car. You would have to add a turbo and the engine would still be working itself to death.

Auto engine are more restricted in RPM by the accessories. AC compressor, power steering pump, etc.

Not enough torque. The ford focus base 2.0 engine has 146lbs. I think the busa has around 96-98, would be a dog in a 3000lb car. You would have to add a turbo and the engine would still be working itself to death.

So kind of like Colton keeping up with his girl on the back!! :rofl: :snap:

its harder to spin a large piston engine vs a small piston engine. Usually the higher the displacement the lower the rpms get. As an example compare a 5.0L 302 ford to a 7.5L 460 ford. the small block will easily go over 6500rpm's where as the big block will struggle at that point.

its harder to spin a large piston engine vs a small piston engine. Usually the higher the displacement the lower the rpms get. As an example compare a 5.0L 302 ford to a 7.5L 460 ford. the small block will easily go over 6500rpm's where as the big block will struggle at that point.

Stock vs stock yes but if the 460 is balanced correctly I have seen them turn 7500+.

Stock vs stock yes but if the 460 is balanced correctly I have seen them turn 7500+.

if the 460 is spinning 7500 then its not in its stock configuration and if it is...then it wont be holding together for much longer. My foxbody had a 460 swap in it not too long ago and i didnt like it....lol switched back to the small block stuff.

Interesting thread responses.

It all comes down to swept volume per minute and weight. If you wan't a high powered motor that will last 200,000 miles while doing heavy duty work, low RPM, large displacement is the ticket. If you want a light motor, that puts out a lot of power, by spinning it at more than twice the RPM, you can pass the same amount of air/fuel through it in comparison with half the displacement, but at full power duty it will have a shorter life.

Isn't that what BMW did with the S1000RR? All they really did is take a 1 liter motor and spin it at the same RPM as a 600.

Outside of the US, there are many sub-1000cc auto motors. So rotating mass due to increased displacement isn't the only issue. Having to move a larger mass than a bike engine, they are probably tuned for more low end tourque which will limit the amount of top end RPM. Even bikes have this trade off.

Interesting thread responses.

It all comes down to swept volume per minute and weight. If you wan't a high powered motor that will last 200,000 miles while doing heavy duty work, low RPM, large displacement is the ticket. If you want a light motor, that puts out a lot of power, by spinning it at more than twice the RPM, you can pass the same amount of air/fuel through it in comparison with half the displacement, but at full power duty it will have a shorter life.

Isn't that what BMW did with the S1000RR? All they really did is take a 1 liter motor and spin it at the same RPM as a 600.

exactly...

Smaller engines=less moving parts. Bigger engines more moving parts. The more parts the more mass, the more mass the more likely stuff will not get out of the way in time. Valves floating out (not closing fully before the are being shoved open again) could result in pistons hitting them and when stuff hits internal it breaks. You can do things to help this issue (stiffer springs), but this is just one problem amoung many that can happen when you over rev a motor. (Mine leaned and blew a hole in the piston, but mine was NOS related :laugh:)

Reason for the higher rpm's in a motorcycle is for the torque out of such a small motor. Bigger STOCK motors with bigger pistons don't require or need the rpm's to make the torque.

All good technical points were made, so I will resort to a comparison from nature.

A mosquito flings his wings so fast that you hear zzzzzzzzzz. A small bird does it a lot slower, although you can barely see her wings. A large bird like a goose does it so slowly that the wings are clearly observed from a distance. Who produces the most power output? The goose. Who produces the most power output per unit of weight? The mosquito.

Back