Why Hardleys are a lot like hound dogs...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Hardleys are a lot like hound dogs...

They both bark alot but don't have much bite.

They both hate to run but love to ride in the back of PU Trucks and?...

They take a leak where ever they go.

On another note?...90% of all harleys ever built are still out on the road...the other 10% actually made it home.

Even volvo beat them...as volvo finally discovered "The Curve" before HD discovered over-head cams.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(proud dad @ Aug. 11 2007,07:12) now ya went and done it!!!!pissed off all the hound dogs
laugh.gif
yep....that's me alright...taking one for the team on behalf of little guys throughout the world.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Aug. 11 2007,12:06) Hardleys are a lot like hound dogs...

On another note?...90% of all harleys ever built are still out on the road...the other 10% actually made it home.

Even volvo beat them...as volvo finally discovered "The Curve" before HD discovered over-head cams.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Did you post this in your shop for your "fellow" riders?!?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

And did you ever put the rice trickle on the floor under their Mikuni carbs?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Aug. 12 2007,04:49)
(JINKSTER @ Aug. 11 2007,12:06) Hardleys are a lot like hound dogs...

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Did you post this in your shop for your "fellow" riders?!?  
rock.gif

laugh.gif

And did you ever put the rice trickle on the floor under their Mikuni carbs?  
laugh.gif
Well?..to be honest with ya?...i'm not certain if it was a...

A. a lack of intestinal fortitude on my part or?...

B. plain good walking around sense (not wanting to RISK esculating things to "over-the-top & outta hand" ) or?....

C. My...."Sense-Of-Compassion" * or?....

D. a combination of all of the above.

but no....i didn't do "The Rice Gig" as....

* ='s

Over the past week?...The fleet of HD's outside my shop has suffered the following in just the past week or so...

1. Was out of gas by shifts end...a deteriorated fuel line leak was the culprit..line dried, cracked split and leaked all the fuel out.

2. Was "Striped Out Linkage" of the oem forward controls...the shift side.

3. Was a dead battery and?...

4. Was a flat tire...picked up a nail...and i'm certain that the 300 series fat bob tire on the back didn't help.

and while i know it sounds suspicious?...especially since i just encountered the "spilled oil under my busa" routine?...i prefer to think of it as "Instant Karhma"...however i was the recipient of some sideways looks after a couple of those occassions.
laugh.gif

But as far as the joking around goes?...it's pretty much non-freaking-stop....especially since i'm the vast minority of one (1) sportbiker in a shop full of about 30 hardcore HD folk...who all show up to work in their standard uniforms of jeans and an HD shop logo from somewhere's else black t-shirt....i guess to prove they've been there?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
Sorta remeniscent of my old rock-n-roll high school daze where they hadta get the t-shirt to prove they've been to the live concert!
laugh.gif

Truth is?...they still always invite me to the rides and post work parties...and i show to the parties on occassion...ands while there's been many a heated debate (usually a 6pack and a puff or two into it? ).....it always end the same...peacefully...with me letting them know that's there's no more chance of them converting me than me converting them...and a few i've grown close friends with?...i offered them to test ride my busa..with the caution that if they do?..they'll be grinning from ear to ear at the end and trading in their HD's the next day...describing it like a cross between an amusement park ride and a jet fighter...sumpt'in you hafta buy tickets to ta ride!
laugh.gif

Alas?...not a one has taken me up on my offer and while the hard core HD boys last great stand is to tell me how much of a chick magnet their HD's are?...i still view them as rolling scrap iron.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

I ride  a Harley and I wave to anyone on 2 wheels...and I mean anyone, even to guys on bicycles!  Everytime I see a guy stranded on the side of the road, I pull over and check if they need help, regardless of the brand/make of their ride!

Rodney King...where are you???
beerchug.gif

(kromdom @ Aug. 12 2007,06:57) I ride  a Harley and I wave to anyone on 2 wheels...and I mean anyone, even to guys on bicycles!  Everytime I see a guy stranded on the side of the road, I pull over and check if they need help, regardless of the brand/make of their ride!

Rodney King...where are you???
beerchug.gif
so please don't misunderstand and grant me the latitude that this entire posting is meant soley for purposes of comic relief

but still?...i can't help but to think that the HD are what they are....a show toy...not "A TOOL"....maybe someday when i'm just shy of riding a hover 'round but ready for tattoo's, divorce and dui's.
laugh.gif

but living in floriduh?...130 miles south of daytona?..i have seen some badazz custom HD TT Racers....thunderous, bottled out chrome rocketships if you will...he11...i lost a light-to-light in daytona against ricky gadson...i was on my ZRX and he was on a purple/yellow Vulcan...that was turboed out by Mr. Turbo...160rwhp/161ftlbs....i had the front wheel hanging about 6"s in the air through 1st and 2nd and by 3rd gear i was reading his license plate!
laugh.gif

oh yeah...sure..i almost forgot...that story is kinda hard to believe isn't it?...so we need some proof here...hugh?...here ya goes...

rickgadson.jpg

that's me in the red shirt...right after Doug Brown from MR. Turbo suck Ricky via a chtterbox (and his stealth turboed vulcan) on me (effectively handing me my azz on a silver platter) as the ZRXOA members were just arriving at the hess station in daytona...with me and Ted383 in the lead...and we both lost against him..160/161 on a twin...hidden.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

L8R, Bill.

laugh.gif

Jinkster,
Knew from the get go that your thread was for comic relief....hence my call for Rodney King !
beerchug.gif

Did you know you have to show proof of ownership that you own a truck before buying a Harley ?? Thats because harleys are like dogs ... they like to ride in the back.

Back