Why does my front tire look like this after 18 months?

I kinda figured, but wanted to ask since it's probably easier to set sag than change fork oil. I changed the oil back in the day when I owned a SV and made it feel way better. I'm pretty close to you, 180lbs minus gear. You are correct, I do alot more straight line cruising living in Louisiana, we don't have much else to do around here, lol.

Looking forward to setting it up properly and especially getting this tire scrubbed in. I HATE the feel of new tires on a bike.[/QUOTE

You hate new tires?!
Wow, never heard that before.
I love new tires!!!
Let us know how your set up goes, and if you need anything.

Let me try my statement again, lol. I hate new tires just for the fact of the way they feel funny until they're scrubbed in good. After that, new tires are the best!

Will do, I'll attempt to write down previous settings vs new and post back. Thanks again for the help!

Only rode a couple of times since the new tire, but last night I setup the suspension the best I could. The settings (4/3) for the front was pretty much spot on originally, so I left it. The rear was set pretty soft (I'd guess about 12 clicks-ish on each screw), so I stiffened it up to what felt right. I didn't adjust the spring as it seemed to operate as suggested.. I was doing it solo so may revisit it next weekend and get the wife to help.

Rode it this morning and it really does feel better. Didn't get to really test it, but will on the way home from work. I did notice I now need to adjust my headlight, with the stiffer rear my weight does make the bike squat as much so it's low. Never crossed my mind that'd happen, lol. Also it dawned on me I bought a new spring for the rear several years ago and never took the time to install it. I may figure out a way to use my engine hoist to pull it out and get it swapped over. it needs to be installed.

Back