Why do we stare?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Two weeks ago I babysat my girl as she rode her Katana 750 for the first time. After riding around the block for about 2 hours, she insisted on me getting on my 'Busa and we going riding around. We mostly stuck to roads with very little traffic since she still has the tendancy of shutting down while trying to go from a complete stop. We rode and rode, came home to eat and watch some TV, and rode some more. By the time we got back, the sun had already started to set. We parked our bikes in the garage and not really thinking of what she was doing, I turned off the lights. In no more than a second I hear "HEY! I wanted to look at my bike!". I flicked the light back on and turned around. Sure enough, there she was about 2 feet from her bike simply staring. I chuckled a bit because I know I did the same exact thing the first time I rode my bike (not to mention the 50 times after as well  
smile.gif
). I left her there, went into the house, and started watching a bit of TV before I showered. About 10 minutes after I sat down, that's when she came in.

Last year she bought a brand new GMC Envoy which had 3 miles on it when she got it. The darn thing still had the plastic around the steering wheel. When she got it home, she parked it and went in the house never looking back. Last weekend I traded my car in for a 2004 Silverado, brought it home, and never looked back. Why wasn't this the case with our bikes? I even did the same thing last year when I bought my 2000 F4. It was used and cosmetically challenged but I still stood there for a while staring at it before I managed to peel myself away from it.

What is it about our motorcycles that makes us stare at them?

Because they bring balance to the force young padawan. They are the means to a beginning and an end. They are the alpha and the omega.

Or maybe its just b/c they are just soooo sexy.

Back