Why do so many Busa owners name their bikes ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious ? On other forums I see sometimes when I'm searching something I don't see many people there refer to their bike by 'name'.
Before I ever joined here I had named mine 'Blanca'.
Many others here also refer to their bikes by a unique name and or have it in their signature .
Just pondering what it is about the Hayabusa that makes it's owners wanna name it moreso than a 600 or 1000 ?

The only names mine are called is when I have to work on them. These names aren't appropriate to be listed here. :laugh:

The only names mine are called is when I have to work on them. These names aren't appropriate to be listed here. :laugh:

Yes I've cussed mine a few times too but I bet you look at your Busa in a different way than your Harley . Like the Harley is just a bike and the Busa deserves a name .

I dont name my bike, seems a bit odd to me, but some people name their cars too, and talk to them:rofl:

Guilty I am :)
Don't name my cars as they are just....
But I do........Sssssssh talk to my bike every now and then .
Some nights moreso than my wife :laugh:

Yes I've cussed mine a few times too but I bet you look at your Busa in a different way than your Harley . Like the Harley is just a bike and the Busa deserves a name .

IDK about deserving a name, but I will say the Busa gets the least verbal abuse as it's the easiest one to work on.

OMG! You need help! :laugh:

Like a trusty horse she is to me .
My cars most of my life I have driven into the ground and not cared a bit for but every bike I've had has been different . Tell me I bet you know more about the marks and spots on your bike than you do about the wife.
My wife cuts her hair and changes the color and I come home and say 'hey who was messing with my bike ?'
:rofl:

i never named her till others asked....what was my name for her...so only then did i search a theme and reason for her name

I have two theories.

The first:
To really answer the question we must first understand the difference between a car and a motorcycle.

A car, or truck, or bus, is a means of transport. We get in, we drive, we arrive. It doesn't matter if the car is our car or a rental car, it serves the same purpose.

A motorcycle is an experience. You can't just get on and go. You have to prep for the ride. You wear special clothes. You wear a helmet. Riding a motorcycle returns a visceral reaction. That's enough for me to name the best that enables me to experience that.

Theory # 2:
You ride a horse right? Doesn't your horse have a name? It's like the horse for non-horse owners.

my mechines have a personality. i have named a few bikes, not just the Hayabusa.
and some bike are male, while others are female.

Bessie the Busa, got her name from attracting livestock.

Buddy Bill Chaney a 91 Dyna Sturgis, got his name after a cross country trip together. he is my buddy, and originally from bill chaney hd in california.

Sammy Hagar my sidecar bar on a 78 400 hondamatic, got his name because he really can't drive 55, no really, it won't go that fast :laugh:

GranPaw got his name by being the oldest goldwing i own. paid $200 for him and have put over 36,000mi on him.

Love Child is a 77 KZ750b chopper, she was my 1st, and will always be my love child. the 1st bike i ever built.

almost every bike i have spent alot of time with has a name. some take a while to figgure out, but there is a good reason behind every good named bike :thumbsup:

Misty, wife says she is my Mistress, ( Spend more time with Misty than I do with her ) only seemed fitting.

Rita, my 83 Shovel is all red and sexy.

Harriet, my 96 Springer is the Tomboy of the group.

Fiona, my 05 Hayabusa has mirrors that look like Shreck ears.

Just easier to call it by name.

Back