Why do people waste their money on Turbos?

That's my buddy Tony......awesome piece. He's currently building a second one that works off of thrust.

Dang it! I was just in FL picking up a turbo busa. I just missed out.

FOR SALE -FIRST GENERATION BUSA POWERED BY JET TURBINE , REAR WHEEL DRIVE , STREET LEGAL ,

Yeah, maybe in Florida but if you were to hit the afterburner here in the Golden State, PITA would have a fit because you probably just killed a dozen endangered gnats!

FOR SALE -FIRST GENERATION BUSA POWERED BY JET TURBINE , REAR WHEEL DRIVE , STREET LEGAL ,

Yeah, maybe in Florida but if you were to hit the afterburner here in the Golden State, PITA would have a fit because you probably just killed a dozen endangered gnats!

:laugh:

Cool toy. I would take her for a ride. Says 3 times the torque of a stock bike, but doesn't say anything about the power. Let's see, I was tightening the rear wheel with just one hand and produced 70 lb x ft of torque. Yes, that was at zero rpm, but who cares. I could easily do a 100! And that afterburner... looks cool, but it's a disaster waiting to happen. I will stick with good old turbo, LOL

How many miles per gallon? Not that I'm economical, but would a 5 gallon tank go further than say 2 to 3 miles?

Milage can't be too bad as Leno rides his all over. Last time I was over there I noticed it had almost 6000 miles on the clock.

Milage can't be too bad as Leno rides his all over. Last time I was over there I noticed it had almost 6000 miles on the clock.
jay leno's net worth is $250 million and earns $15 million a year. somthn tells me gas mileage and fuel costs probably aren't at the top of his list of concerns.

jay leno's net worth is $250 million and earns $15 million a year. somthn tells me gas mileage and fuel costs probably aren't at the top of his list of concerns.

That's not it, he rides that thing up to the Rock Store in the Santa Monica mountains. Not many places to buy fuel up there.

By the way, at the shop, he is just a regular guy, hands on, working on his stuff.

Back