Why do mustangs sound so awesome?

nabusa

Registered
I just noticed the other day while at the track. Chevy's and Dodge sound mean and like they are about to rip apart the track. They sound deep can you can feel it even if you have ear protection. Now I can't stand Ford, but Mustangs sound so bad*ss. Why is that? Like example in the first Tranformers, that cop car mustang sounded a lot better then the Camaro. Even on the street Mustangs just sound different. Is it the mufflers or the motor itself that sounds awesome? Every other V8 just doesn't sound the same.

awesome cars make awesome sounds.

/endthread

:laugh: i think alot of their sound is differing most mustangs are running smaller motors and ohc designs. the dodges and chevys are running the ohv and larger engines.

some of it is due to the camaro being a sob to to get a big exhaust on too. most older camaros had to run a huge y-pipe with a crossflow muffler.

There is nothing like the growl of a mustang. you will stop, listen and look till it's out of sound distance or you see it roll by..

Sounds good to me

My dream car by the way :laugh: Pleanty of cars faster, better handling but this has the style that is just me. You are just not listening to the right Camaros that s all.

I can say that I'm a whatever;s fast but mostly chevy guy and have owned several mustangs,my 94 with the 308 c.i big hydraulic(576/590) roller long tubes big crossover (3 inch) and dumped into single chamber flowmasters sounds bad azz.I got compliments everywhere it went, even by the po-po...lol.
[video]http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/traysvega/?action=view&current=LeavingShellforCruzin07.mp4[/video]

of course my 388 sbc didnt sound to bad either lol.
[video]http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/traysvega/?action=view&current=olvega2Untitled.mp4[/video]

Its a combination of several things,flowmaster mufflers,valve arrangement,H-Pipe,X-Pipe and tale pipes or lack there of.I've grown accustomed to the down pipe off a turbo myself.

I had a guy that owns a Roush Mustang ask me what I'd done to my '95 GT because it sounded better than his :D

Love the sound of a Mustang...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Firing order! Just like a Gen1 and II Chevy V8 (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2) sounds different from the LsX Series of engines (1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3).
Coyote 5.0 firing order is (1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2). Other varibles come into play, such as heads (2 valve/4valve), cam, exhaust, Bore, Stroke, Compression, etc.

Just like Yamaha's sound different (Before Cross Plane Engine) from Suzuki's with there inline 4's (07 R1 Firing order 1-3-4-2) (Firing order on K9 Gsxr 1k is 1243)

Firing order! Just like a Gen1 and II Chevy V8 (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2) sounds different from the LsX Series of engines (1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3).
Coyote 5.0 firing order is (1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2). Other varibles come into play, such as heads (2 valve/4valve), cam, exhaust, Bore, Stroke, Compression, etc.

Just like Yamaha's sound different (Before Cross Plane Engine) from Suzuki's with there inline 4's (07 R1 Firing order 1-3-4-2) (Firing order on K9 Gsxr 1k is 1243)

You know too much :watching:

I generally like the Mustang exhaust note, but some are just plain horrible. There's some local cars that are just loud, but weak sounding. Im not sure what they did to ruin em, but they did a solid job of it

I had a guy that owns a Roush Mustang ask me what I'd done to my '95 GT because it sounded better than his :D

Love the sound of a Mustang...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Looks all stock to me except for your sweet paint job...???

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Folks ask me all the time, why is it so loud. It is. Two chambered Flowmasters 2.5 mandel pipe, and the 11 to 1, 331ci helps too. But mine is a little older than the op speaks of.

exhausted 008.jpg

Back