why did they lowside?

thanks for the advice. how about braking? if you brake in a turn which one do you use, when, and how?

"Of course you can use your brakes in a curve. Brakes are not used merely to stop your bike, they are used to offset acceleration.)"

That was a cut and paste from;
Motorcycle Safety Site

If you disagree with the sentence in quotes, I suggest you take it up not with me, but with James R. Davis in the Contrary Opinions section of his forum.
Located here;
All Things Motorcycle - Contrary Opinions

Good luck :thumbsup:

cheers
ken

Did anyone else notice the Busa rider made it through no problems:whistle: coincidence ???

I think not !!!! :laugh:

you should not brake in a curve/lean. Very dangerous, indicates you entered too hot and in the wrong gear. Too tall a gear and not able to bleed speed by backing off the throttle.
There is not a definitive answer to your question, there are many variables that have to be determined.
Are you out of lean? How wide is the road? Is it upgrade or downgrade? How much speed do you need to bleed off? Is it a left or right curve? What is the road surface friction coefficient? Good or bad? How much road do you have left if hard braking is required? Will minor rear brake or front brake get you through?
It is a difficult question to answer given the many situations and "what if's" that can be added. No "one" answer will apply to every situation.

Short answer would be...DO NOT use the brakes IN THE CORNER :banghead:

Slow down before you enter the corner :thumbsup:

Short answer would be...DO NOT use the brakes IN THE CORNER :banghead:

Slow down before you enter the corner :thumbsup:

It's called "Trail Braking" and is taught at performance riding schools. A balance of proper brake and throttle control is vital in getting the most put of a sportbike in the corners.

The correct answer should have been "You shouldn't be cornering so fast on the street that you need to trail brake. Save it for the track."

"Trail Braking" Never heard of it :laugh:

Don't even open that can of worms dude :poke:

would that be a trail bike or a trials bike? :rofl:

SZMZM42.jpg

It's called "Trail Braking" and is taught at performance riding schools. A balance of proper brake and throttle control is vital in getting the most put of a sportbike in the corners.

The correct answer should have been "You shouldn't be cornering so fast on the street that you need to trail brake. Save it for the track."

true, but ....there is always a but.... I think he wants to know, what to do when he is in a curve too hot and it is too late, already in the curve and he has too much speed .... it happens... fact of life.

simply telling a rider, never go into a curve too fast is like telling a 17 year old not to have sex... :rofl:
Don't go into a curve too fast and wait until your married to have sex... probably not gonna happen. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back