Why did my odometer reset back to zero?

I Love My Wife

Registered
So when I shut it off it had 16,200 miles and after startup I had 0 miles.

46F1B173-B8C2-42D9-ADA3-9874EDA1C47B-3864-0000038E3FEFF534.jpg
[/IMG]

Anybody heard of this? I want my miles back for multiple reasons, do I need a new gauge cluster and to have it programmed, or are the miles stored to the computer?

Thanks jt

I Love My Wife said:
So when I shut it off it had 16,200 miles and after startup I had 0 miles.

[/IMG]

Anybody heard of this? I want my miles back for multiple reasons, do I need a new gauge cluster and to have it programmed, or are the miles stored to the computer?

Thanks jt

Sweeeeeet I want a bike with 0 miles :-)

Miles are on the gauges

Oh ya. I have low beam HID and Clearwater lights, a GI Pro, and a twelve volt USB power supply.

The HID does not have a time delay so I use the start button to keep the lights off. The Clearwater lights are tapped for power at the bulb socket and the negative goes back the battery.

The one place that can fix them is Blue Gauges!

But i will tell you this, he is going to tell you that the HIDS are the problem!

And yes this is the third time i have seen this!

What year is the bike?
I have only seen this problem 0n 99 and 2000's.

They do it cause of ballast location.. If you ever heard of the the term M.A.D, its an electrical term... It works the same with 12 volts as it does with 500KV.. Same reason you don't weld on your bike with ecu in place..

I'll look into my ballast location. IIRC it's on the right air duct as far "back" as I can get without hitting the inner panel. The ballast and igniter are both attached with 3M double sided tape and zip ties.

I wonder if u could put that chrome like tape on the ballast to keep that from happening ? But it might get to hot will that on it?

I'm glad they improved the Gen II head lights :laugh: Best of luck with it brother, but not many would be all upset about the ODO resetting :poke:

Craigslist Add:

2006 Hayabusa with only 15 miles....really only 15 miles.

I bought it brand new, rode it home from the dealer and the UNLIMITED POWER scared me to death.

Been sitting in the garage every since. I promise :laugh:

Back