Why are Busas so cheap?

flashsteve

Registered
I've noticed that where I live, Portland, Oregon, used Hayabusas seem to be a real bargain. I've seen several 03's and 04's with around 10K miles, no damage, clean title, and some mods (paint, exhaust) going for $5 or $6K. About the same as similar year 750's and liter bikes. Why is that? Just a limited demand for Busas, high insurance? Just curious; I'm thinking of moving up from a 750, but want to know what I'm getting myself into. Also, what is a rough estimate of full coverage insurance for a middle-aged guy, with stellar driving record and good credit?

Those prices are about the going rate for what you quoted. Check out State Farm on insurance before you buy. I pay 35 a month, 41 and clean record.

While I am sure I don'tknow all the reasons the 1st one that comes to mind is the 10,000 plus or minus that have been built every year since 1999. In other words... their plentiful. The other big factor in my opinion is that they are not considered to be that good of handling bike as compared to the vast field of sharp handling sport bikes availible today. Other factors like insurance cost also come into play. All I can say about it personally speaking is... its a good bike for me. :laugh: Even though its heavy I like how it handles. Its not twitchy and feels rock solid at any speed. The part I like best is the torque in spades in the mid range that make riding in the mountains a fun experience. You don't have to rev it to go fast either... just half throttle and shifting at 6 or 7 thousand will put distance between you and whatever is behind you in most situations.

You Know, I hear all this about the handling compared to a 600, 750 or a 1K. If I had a Nickel for every time that I have Out-Ridden people on those smaller Bikes on a Public Road, I'd have a Sh*t Load of Nickels! The Hayabusa is a Wonderful Bike for a Public Road. If you know how to Ride, You can hang with just about Anything Out There.....:laugh:

You may want to check the true history on some of those bikes. I have seen many of them come thru here, and the price your seeing reflects what they offering... Add a few $$ to that and get a mint 07 with 8k miles and never been trashed..I just rode it today to keep the tuneup fresh I just did..

I've noticed that where I live, Portland, Oregon, used Hayabusas seem to be a real bargain. I've seen several 03's and 04's with around 10K miles, no damage, clean title, and some mods (paint, exhaust) going for $5 or $6K. About the same as similar year 750's and liter bikes. Why is that? Just a limited demand for Busas, high insurance? Just curious; I'm thinking of moving up from a 750, but want to know what I'm getting myself into. Also, what is a rough estimate of full coverage insurance for a middle-aged guy, with stellar driving record and good credit?

Possible low price on the early Gen1's maybe because of the low prices on the early Gen2. Be hard to get a 7 or 8 for a stock 03 - 04 when you may get a deal on a 08 for 7 or 8K. jmo

Prices will vary a lot on the insurance get a quote first before you buy, heard of people paying 300 to 500 a year and others get quoted 2K to 5K a year. My quote was over 2K .

Maybe it's due to the Oregon weather and that you don't have as many days when you can ride compared to say So Cal so it may tend to sit in the garage more. Something like that may have less perceived valuel

Go check your insurance ang get a proper quote that they will stick to. Alot of guys have great rates as posted above, but other people that claim similiar driving stats get far different results. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's due to the Oregon weather and that you don't have as many days when you can ride compared to say So Cal so it may tend to sit in the garage more. Something like that may have less perceived valuel

Pretty hard to open them up in the rain...:lol:

Back