Why are Brembo brakes so much better?

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
What makes these things so darn sticky? Is it just because they move more liquid? It seems counter intuitive that the two piston calipers of brembo clamp so much harder that the three piston setup of niisin (SP?) and yet the difference is astounding. Anybody tried to mod the stock calipers to make them flow more and clamp harder? Really what else could make the Brembos so much better?

I thinhk it has to do with the monoblock construction. I just think that no matter what you do the two halves of the caliper will flex a bit. I can't wait to get mine. Enjoy!

It's more about your safety as a rider than it is about the soft touch of the lever. If every bike came with Brembo race brakes the novice riders would be lined up in the doorway of the emergency room. Anyone can buy a busa just like yours as a first bike and for the most part learn to ride without issue. Install full aftermarket Brembo brakes and the bloke would be on his head before the engine reached operating temp.

Most people who ride these two wheeled contraptions aren't high end riders and agressive brakes are not in their best interest, expecially in the wet.

I was already concerned about my new pads, now you've really put the fear in me Tuf :laugh:

Tell more about your setup - MC, rotors, pads, lines. Did you do the back too?

I don't have them on my bike but I have ridden several bikes that have them. Some of the bikes had the Brembo masters as well but others did not. They all clamp so hard it's crazy. I would like to have them but I'm not willing to put that sort of cash into it. Right now I have braided lines and HH pads and would like just a little more.

I see your point Tuf, first time I rode a bike with them (RSV Factory) I damn near flipped the bike coming to the first stop sign. After riding with them for a while though I got used to them and I gotta say that they are fantastic for feel and raw stopping power.

I got a Brembo setup on my busa, calipers and master cylinder. The difference is night and day but as is with anything new it takes some time to get comfortable and adjusted to it. Be conscious of your newfound braking power and take it easy for a little while and before you know it they wont feel so intimidating

Back