Why are all speed ignored suddenly 75 mph?!

Blacksmith

Registered
Why is it every car truck scooter boat train and bicycle all of a sudden are in a hurry when I come up behind them on my bike? The two old back roads going to my house are 45 mph zones and I usually have to push some idiots to get that fast but now anytime I get behind somebody when I'm riding we seem to go from 40 to 75 as soon as they realize i'm there. I don't even get close enough to read their license plate but they drive like i'm going to eat them. In town on the 4 lanes i'm going my typical 5-8 over the limit but am now getting passed instead of doing the passing. Do all of you have it happen or is it just here amongst my fellow idiot rednecks?

Speed LIMIT not speed ignored....

Last edited:
Why is it every car truck scooter boat train and bicycle all of a sudden are in a hurry when I come up behind them on my bike? The two old back roads going to my house are 45 mph zones and I usually have to push some idiots to get that fast but now anytime I get behind somebody when I'm riding we seem to go from 40 to 75 as soon as they realize i'm there. I don't even get close enough to read their license plate but they drive like i'm going to eat them. In town on the 4 lanes i'm going my typical 5-8 over the limit but am now getting passed instead of doing the passing. Do all of you have it happen or is it just here amongst my fellow idiot rednecks?

Speed LIMIT not speed ignored....
Just use it to your advantage!
Consider them as cop/radar bait. . .
Let them take the heat and sit at 75 at a good distance back . . .
If ya pass 'em murphy's law will kick in and a cop will appear from nowhere!!

Just use it to your advantage!
Consider them as cop/radar bait. . .
Let them take the heat and sit at 75 at a good distance back . . .
If ya pass 'em murphy's law will kick in and a cop will appear from nowhere!!

Yeah and I figure if the cops like to go after flashy sports cars they'll be quick to jump on my busa too. That's why I only play around pn my 2 old back roads

That's actually really cool, and I'd love to have that experience. For me, especially with pickups, vehicles in front tend to slow way down under the speed limit when they notice me. It's not like I'm driving like a hooligan, either. Totally pisses me off

The thing that really pees me off is as soon as you pull out to pass the car in front starts to drift to the center line and over the center line!!
I think its because they are staring at me in their rear view mirror and not watching or keeping their line on the road.
I've had a few cars nail it when they see me approaching from behind, had one guy with his family in the car take it right up to 190kmh (115mph) on a fairly straight bit of 2 lane road and I just sat behind him watching how out of shape his suspension was getting, and he was NOT holding a straight line, weaving considerably!
I saw his missus in the passengers seat whacking him, obviously trying to get him to slow down, but it made it all the more dangerous.
He eventually slowed to 120kmh and I passed him, he had a huge grin on his face, he must've thought he out ran the Busa lmao!!

For some reason people want to get an ego boost by thinking they can outrun a sport bike. Especially people in mini-vans it seems, the guy must feel neutered and this is the only way they can feel important..?????

I have been passed several times in vehicles which had no business going at the speed they were going.

I just let them go and hoped I wouldn't have to come across their accident scene down the road.

I have people slow down and speed up. We have some twisty winding country roads around where I live. Some cars will speed up I guess to see if I can keep up. They cross over into the oncoming lanes and I just stay in mine right on them. Kind of funny.

Sometimes it is not very smart because you can come over a hill and there will be some big farm vehicle doing 25 in a 55MPH zone.

I would ride with a cam on at all times. Ride just fast enought to stay with traffic and wait for the officer to pull ya out of the masses. Then you have proof you got profiled and pulled over because your a biker :fire:

I would ride with a cam on at all times. Ride just fast enought to stay with traffic and wait for the officer to pull ya out of the masses. Then you have proof you got profiled and pulled over because your a biker :fire:
I ride with a GoPro on my left mirror on the Busa. I have not yet found a good place to mount it on my FJR so I wear it with a chain around my neck.

I ride with a GoPro on my left mirror on the Busa. I have not yet found a good place to mount it on my FJR so I wear it with a chain around my neck.
Like this? :lol:
1555005416269.png

not on my ride But was heading home from the Montreal on the weekend of the Grand Prix in the big rig and was passed at great speed by a Maserati two Lambourginis and a whale tail Porche. They were running nose to tail just like real race cars Desperately trying to keep up was a 5 litre mustang, weaving and bobbing all over the road. I giggled for miles

Rode a 1989 Katana 1100f in the 1990's in so cal. Recently traded in for 2007 Black Busa. Everytime I rode the Kat I was challenged by a Hellcat or some hot rod. Don't they know you can blow them away with a flick of the wrist? Even in the 1990's always challenged. Is it the Black color? I never invited them to the party....they always invite me to shut them down. My Kat was my BABY MIDNIGHT BLUE - essentially Black.

Haven't ridden the Busa yet (got it in February with 25K miles) had to make it legal in CA dealer kinda screwed me not CA LEGAL.. But I am ready for the throttle response and the big fat back tire to take them out in the 270 degree corners on a California freeway on ramps to the 405 and enter the freeway at over 110MPH then kick her down and take care of them. The Katana was formidable to modern hot rods but the Busa will shut them down.

Had a great run on SoCal freeways playing with idiots that think they can race a liter bike. Katana was a huge bike very pretty but I had to move on.

I wish they would bring the Kat back..there are plans but it will resemble the 80s Katana - Ugg Fugg. Actually they updated the concept as shown.

The Suzuki Katana might be back

2020 Suzuki Katana First Ride Review

1st version looks good...2nd version is a throwback

Can wait to go phishing with the Busa. It is a fomidable beast - pipe diameter larger than the kat with Gen 1 power.

The new Katana is already in showrooms, not great looking but there regardless. I wish it was more of a retro look than what it is. The original Katana was timeless.

It will be a night and day difference between your old Katana and the Hayabusa, the two are only related through the Suzuki decals.

Last edited:
That damn train needs to get off the tracks when you are coming through. What the hell is that conductor thinking blocking your way?!?

Back