why am i so bummed?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
i'm about to start a really cool job (US army), i turn 26 tomorrow. i'm healthy, my wife is healthy, we're not losing out home in this economic **** storm, everything is going pretty well. got a nice icon jacket for the bday, picked up a new lid, bike is put back together, i mean life is peachy. why the hell am i not happy?

Cuz your sitting there posting instead of out riding with Sleeper_Red .
That's why I'm not happy !

Ps....Tomorrow or today is your Bday ?
Either way happy Bday .

Last edited:
youre not currently working, your mind is free to focus on some negativity, even if your not consciously.

with your recent losses, a little depression is expected, helping your family through the rough time can take a toll on happiness. sometimes you forget to keep yourself happy.

keep youre head up, youre headed down a respected path, and have made good life decisions. just remember that. anyone can find something to not be happy about. the key is to find things to be happy about. you seem to have those, just focus on those and all else will come together. :beerchug:

I am sorry to hear that you are a little down. Let us know if you need someone to listen to ya.

i'm about to start a really cool job (US army), i turn 26 tomorrow. i'm healthy, my wife is healthy, we're not losing out home in this economic **** storm, everything is going pretty well. got a nice icon jacket for the bday, picked up a new lid, bike is put back together, i mean life is peachy. why the hell am i not happy?

Look at everything you have listed above to be thankful for. Sometimes we lose focus on these things and dwell only on ourselves.

Really cool job. - Army, I am very thankful for people like you that are willing to fight for my freedom, while giving up some of yours. Thank you sir!

26 yrs old, and I assume good health - This is an age that you will not appreciate now, but a great age to be! Look at this as a time of opportunity and growth.

Your wife. I cannot express upon you the importance of this. Without getting too deep into religion, I can assure you this: She will be the one thing that can make you happy if you put forth the effort to allow her to. She is the support system you need, and make sure you show her you appreciate her and give her your undivided love.

Your Home - Be thankful that you have a roof and a place to come home to. Presently I do not have a hot water heater and have to go to my daughters house for a shower, But I still come home to place to live, which is more than some can say in these times.

You are on two wheels and nough said!

Do not try too hard to be happy, just allow yourself to let things go that bother you.
I too know what it feels like to be bummed when there is nothing to be bummed about.
It is mostly due to my not caring what other people are suffering from and not opening my eyes to the wonderful things that have been laid upon my table.

I pray often, but I try to pray only thanks for what I have, and not for what I want, But as a man, this too can be difficult.

Just some of my opinions,
Bubba

Look at everything you have listed above to be thankful for. Sometimes we lose focus on these things and dwell only on ourselves.

Really cool job. - Army, I am very thankful for people like you that are willing to fight for my freedom, while giving up some of yours. Thank you sir!

26 yrs old, and I assume good health - This is an age that you will not appreciate now, but a great age to be! Look at this as a time of opportunity and growth.

Your wife. I cannot express upon you the importance of this. Without getting too deep into religion, I can assure you this: She will be the one thing that can make you happy if you put forth the effort to allow her to. She is the support system you need, and make sure you show her you appreciate her and give her your undivided love.

Your Home - Be thankful that you have a roof and a place to come home to. Presently I do not have a hot water heater and have to go to my daughters house for a shower, But I still come home to place to live, which is more than some can say in these times.

Do not try too hard to be happy, just allow yourself to let things go that bother you.
I too know what it feels like to be bummed when there is nothing to be bummed about.
It is mostly due to my not caring what other people are suffering from and not opening my eyes to the wonderful things that have been laid upon my table.

I pray often, but I try to pray only thanks for what I have, and not for what I want, But as a man, this too can be difficult.

Bubba

Amen brother...:thumbsup:

Lot's of changes going on in a young man's life, certainly disturbing it will settle out.

cause your going to miss us when you go into the army :poke:. Probably a combination of things day to day life is going to change dramatically if your going into the military your going to be away from your family for a bit. It's understandable but in the end the pros well outweigh the cons. You should focus on that instead and happy B-day man.

Post winter blues ???

thanks guys. damnit, it's raining, lol, no birthday ride. that's ok, i've got a sexy wife in the house and a sexy bike in the garage. and i get to go to summer camp for 10 weeks courtesy of the US govt. dunno why i was in a funk last night, i feel way better this morning.

Where are you going to "summer camp" at?

Some words of advice:
1. GET IN SHAPE NOW. be able to do MINIMUM 50 GOOD pushups/situps in 2 minutes. Be able to run 2 miles in about 14 minutes. Will save you alot of heartache later. Most of these kids are 18 years old and you are 26 (yes Forest, there IS a difference).
2. If you smoke or use tobacco, STOP NOW (because it's going to be even harder when the Drill Sergeant is stressing you).
3. If you are overweight, get it off NOW (nothing like being called a fatboy in front of your 'peers').
4. Be ready for mind games. You are older and hopefully more mature than your 'peers'. Some of them are going to act like fools (which you want to stay away from). Remember, it's the DS job to stress you to see how you will react and then they can mold you. IF you are older and act more mature, they still may mess with you, but if you can handle it you will have more leadership opportunities.
5. In the end, do EXACTLY what the Drill Sergeant says, WHEN he says it. "Nametag Defilade".
6. Pay attention to DETAIL.
7. KEEP CONTROL OF YOUR EMOTIONS.

It's an experience you will remember the rest of your life. I alway loved watching Day 1 ("get off the truck and get into the front leaning rest position NOW!) :thumbsup:

Happiness is overrated, strive for peace of mind.

Just my two cents.

cheers
ken

Bubba

I am right behind you brother!

Where are you going to "summer camp" at?

Some words of advice:
1. GET IN SHAPE NOW. be able to do MINIMUM 50 GOOD pushups/situps in 2 minutes. Be able to run 2 miles in about 14 minutes. Will save you alot of heartache later. Most of these kids are 18 years old and you are 26 (yes Forest, there IS a difference).
2. If you smoke or use tobacco, STOP NOW (because it's going to be even harder when the Drill Sergeant is stressing you).
3. If you are overweight, get it off NOW (nothing like being called a fatboy in front of your 'peers').
4. Be ready for mind games. You are older and hopefully more mature than your 'peers'. Some of them are going to act like fools (which you want to stay away from). Remember, it's the DS job to stress you to see how you will react and then they can mold you. IF you are older and act more mature, they still may mess with you, but if you can handle it you will have more leadership opportunities.
5. In the end, do EXACTLY what the Drill Sergeant says, WHEN he says it. "Nametag Defilade".
6. Pay attention to DETAIL.
7. KEEP CONTROL OF YOUR EMOTIONS.

It's an experience you will remember the rest of your life. I alway loved watching Day 1 ("get off the truck and get into the front leaning rest position NOW!) :thumbsup:

my pushups and situps are good to go, my run could use some work, but i'm sure i'll be set by the end. i don't use tobacco. realistically, what's a few pushups and situps? they make you stronger. it's just the unknown element that's stressing me out. i was looking at the obstacle course at ft jackson (where i'm going), it looks fun as hell.:thumbsup:

IF you are in shape (which most teens who enlist ARE NOT) then it's nothing more than a MIND GAME....You've got the right attitude!

i didn't say i was in shape, lol. the pushups and situps are passable. the running, barely so. i'm alright at mind games. i've decided to do what i'm told and to shut my mouth. figure i'll do ok if i do that :rofl:

i didn't say i was in shape, lol. the pushups and situps are passable. the running, barely so. i'm alright at mind games. i've decided to do what i'm told and to shut my mouth. figure i'll do ok if i do that :rofl:

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, and are going through the same things many of us struggle through at some point. I stress at my job because I care, and usually things are not as bad as I think they will be and that's gravy for me. Not good to stress, but I too am working on that part of my life.

Take care and ride safe and as often as possible.:thumbsup:
Bubba

for another day or two:rofl: friggin snow is falling outside. this is ridiculous.

Back