Why a Gen I or Gen II

TDawg

Registered
We all know that im looking to by a busa the first of the year. I want to know why you prefer a Gen I or Gen II and is there that big a difference? I mean they are both capable of reaching 200mph, are they not?

for me ... big difference in the look and performance I hate Gen 1 specially the a$$ and love Gen 2

gen2 is more refined. Just look at the dash, the fit and finish. It's just all around nicer. The tail section is questionable ... looks odd to me, but the rest is nice.

gen2 makes a bit more power, has a bigger engine, and is smoother than the 1st gen. The brakes are also better.

With that said, you can get a low mileage gen1 with mods and low miles, and save yourself $10,000 or more over a similarly equipped gen2... thus this really will never be an apples to apples comparison.

I didn't think the gen2 was worth the extra $$, especially given how fast they depreciate and the terrible shape the economy is in (resulting in great deals on used bikes).

the only reason y i would get a gen2 is cause the extra horsepower other than that i would still with gen1 cause of prices

In the end, think about the choice logically, not emotionally. A year or two ago, your only choice would be to buy a new 2nd gen. So that's where the $10,000 price difference over a gen1 came from. So .. 5k for used, or 15k for new (with aftermarket exhaust, pc, etc). Is the gen2 three times the bike? Obviously not. So why would it be worth paying 3x the $$ for it?

These days we're seeing 2nd gens for somewhere around 7k I guess... is the 2nd gen worth 30% more than a 1st gen? Maybe. To get a good price, the bike might be dropped or something. There's never an easy answer.

I'm not sure about that. If you angle the bike correctly, you might be able to get very close to 200 mph with terminal velocity alone.

for me ... big difference in the look and performance I hate Gen 1 specially the a$$ and love Gen 2

Now that's funny...the Gen2 :moon: is supremely Fugly :rofl:

busatail.jpg

2006_ice_age_2_006.jpg

Re: Why a Gen I or Gen II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about that. If you angle the bike correctly, you might be able to get very close to 200 mph with terminal velocity alone.

WHAT THE !!!!! ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LMFAO........

But to help with the question... i had a 05 busa and was totally happy in every way! Now i have an 09 and love it as well! i love my bike now its deff. better far as just being nicer faster and new to me, BUT i still miss the gen 1 everytime i see one. Id still have one in a second! I still want a gen1 just to cut-up on. You really cant go wrong eigther way. ITS A BUSA!

We all know that im looking to by a busa the first of the year. I want to know why you prefer a Gen I or Gen II and is there that big a difference? I mean they are both capable of reaching 200mph, are they not?

gen I goes somewhere around 200mph and the gen II goes about 800mph

Stock for stock gen 2 is better, for mods gen 1 for stage one , after that they're about the same but like they said a busa is a busa
Posted via Mobile Device

i've owned my k1 for 9yrs and now a k8 for a little under 2yrs. and i love them both. yes, the gen2 is a pinch more refined but not light years away from the original platform. i think it boils down to the riders personal taste and what style of riding you will be using it for. in my opinion you can't go wrong either way. :beerchug:

Gen 1 for regular unleaded. What can I say I'm cheap. Plus I don't care for the tail on the 2's but if I did like it I'da bought a blue 08 for $6900 OTD a couple weeks ago.

My gen1 did anything a gen2 can do, but better. Though my gen1 wasn't stock either.

Back