Whos insurance are you using?

OB_Ronny

Registered
Still waiting for my Busa to arrive and I would greatly appreciate your advice on insurance companies and rates. Been riding for 35 years since I beat a Norton to 60 mph on my homemade "minibike"

Try Progressive for a quote. They donate to the AMA Dirt Track Series when they give a quote on a motorcycle. Their rates are very competitive.

McGraw Insurance in California. Liability coverage on both Hayabusa and Intruder is $170.00 per year total (thats both bikes for a total of $170.00).

I know we all try to find the lowest insurance, but I use State Farm. YOu might want to look into them, because they give the BEST service. Especially if your in an accident. No hassles, they give you your money in, at the most, 3 days. I dont plan on having an accident, or dumping my bike, but if I do I dont want some prick making me wait for money that I already paid to the insurance firm. You know how adjusters always try to act like they're giving you money out of their own pockets!

Progressive...$80.00 year for liability.
if you have to have full coverage I was quoted about $1100 year. lowest found..

Allstate gets $600 per year for 99 busa and 93zr/1100. A policy with full coverage,200 deductable,and 100,000/300,000 limits.

Nationwide
(two years ago) '98 ZX-9R full coverage $500; 19yrs old, improper driving on record.

(recent quote)
'00 Busa or ZX12 full coverage $575; 21yrs old, clean record

I also have two cars with them which may account for the reduced rates. At time of '98 9R I was quoted rates anywhere from $4k to $13k.

[This message has been edited by Kaw9R (edited 09 April 2000).]

I also have Nationwide. But I have two cars and another bike, plus my house with them. I' pay $465- a year with them.

You guys in the states don't half get some cheap insurance. I pay £980 a year for my Busa. I'm 35 years old have 3 years no-claims and it's the best deal I could get.

Ok somebody explain the Progressive thing to me. Every time I have used their online site for a quote I always end up feeling like I have wasted 20 minutes of my life. Their quotes are generally at least DOUBLE what I pay with Farmers for full coverage.

State Farm if you have a clean record.

BTW it is not the cheapest rate.
All insurance companies are good when you are mailing them checks.
When they have to pay, that is what sorts them out.
State Farm :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok somebody explain the Progressive thing to me. Every time I have used their online site for a quote I always end up feeling like I have wasted 20 minutes of my life. Their quotes are generally at least DOUBLE what I pay with Farmers for full coverage.

This is a NINE YEAR old thread ???

This is a post to ALL concerning motorcycle insurance and what they are not telling you. My co-worker recently lost her brother to a fatal motorcycle accident, whereby he went off the road and struck a tree. Upon notifying the insurance company, they stated that they would only pay the beneficiaries for the cost of the bike [ no funeral expenses or death benefits]. The reason is that his policy did not have "First Party Medical Insurance". Pleae check with your Ins. company and add this important coverage !!

Last edited:
Back