Who's had Experience with

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Buddy of mine bought a used ZX-12 with a new 200 / 50 Shinko on the rear. To be specific it is a 200/50ZR17 M/C Shinko Radial Advance 005 made in Korea. Max speed is 168 and max payload is 853 lbs. @42 psi. He didn't want it so i brought it home. Planning on going racing Thursday night and thought I'd throw it on and burn it off rather than the Pilot Power. 1. Will it fit with no clearance issues  2. will it be as sticky as regular Shinko's?
I appreciate your input if you have personal or intellectual knowledge on this matter ;)

Nobody has run Shinko's? or did this post filter to the back page so fast nobody's seen it?

my boy has a shinko.  he likes it.  didn't have any fit problems going to the 200.  they are a good priced tire.  Not a Pilot, but hey you get what you pay for. shinko is formely know as yokohama......

hey moose
I meet you last year at leesburgs bike fest
I did get rid of the bobbin for the no cuts thanks

I plan on try'n a 200 out this season. Let us know how it turns out for ya.

I had a Dunlop 200 on mine when I bought it. If you measure your PP you will find it is actually closer to 197-198 in width. You should not have any clearance issues. The 003 Shinko is the one most drag race with. (the 003 “Ultrasoftâ€￾ specifically preferred). While I always race with a MT shootout, I have run the pilot power at the track a couple of times. It hooks pretty darned good with 15-20lbs of air in it. I don't think you'll find much info on the 005 on the track. I'd say try it. Drop the pressure and get a good burnout on it. Take it easy on the launches until you see how well it works.

good tire, it will fit no problem
super.gif

(blaize @ Dec. 07 2006,10:35) hey moose
I meet you last year at leesburgs bike fest
I did get rid of the bobbin for the no cuts thanks
VERY happy to hear it! now lets hope you never have an occasion to use them
beerchug.gif

Wll fit perfectly , I bought a set of shinko 005's for my old busa,, and the 200 fit, I didnt think it performed really well but you get what you pay for... Definetly rideable

Thanks for the replies. I got waaay too busy today but this weekend I think I'll swap it out. I don't want to waste the Pilot Powers on the 1/4 mile runs. The track I'm going to really preps well so even a mediocre tire performs well. I'm gonna smoke the heck outta it just for show. I don't mind doing that to a free tire. I am really happy to know I won't have any issues with clearance while traveling @ 145 mph

Back