Who's got the best National RoadSide Assistance for Motorcycles?

haya4life

Registered
I use to ride a Honda CBR and had a Honda Club membership which had 24/7 National Roadside Assistance for motorcycles. Now that I bought a Suzuki, where can I get that peace of mind in the event something goes wrong and my bike is dead. AAA will not do bikes and Roadside for bikes requires a flatbed. Any recommendations?

I use to ride a Honda CBR and had a Honda Club membership which had 24/7 National Roadside Assistance for motorcycles. Now that I bought a Suzuki, where can I get that peace of mind in the event something goes wrong and my bike is dead. AAA will not do bikes and Roadside for bikes requires a flatbed. Any recommendations?

AAA does tow bikes, I worked for a AAA contracted company you have to pay more for the coverage and they limit the amount of calls they cover for free after the calls are used up you pay a discounted price.

If you have deep pockets you may be able to get coverage through your insurance company. Like you pay for the tow then get reimbursed but that may end up raising your rates.:dunno:

Looks like MRA Motorcycle Roadside Assistance and Biker Piece of Mind seems to be the largest. Anybody have experience with them? They told me today that they have 15000 more towing contracts than AAA in all of North America for a total of 70,000. That is impressive. Unlimited flatbed tows, travel discounts, maps, fuel, water etc., all for $65 annually. Oh, and the best part, they have this thing called sign and drive. No out of pocket expense when your flatbed tow truck shows up. This does seem like "peace of mind" service. Before I sign up, I need some testimonials.

AAA in Southern New England does not offer Motorcycle or RV assistance. Do we have that little rider demand in the Northeast. This is ridiculous :banghead: Is it that difficult to put a bike on a truck and strap it down?

I have road side assistance with my State Farm agent. Its like 4 bucks a month and they tow bikes.

Looks like MRA Motorcycle Roadside Assistance and Biker Piece of Mind seems to be the largest. Anybody have experience with them? They told me today that they have 15000 more towing contracts than AAA in all of North America for a total of 70,000. That is impressive. Unlimited flatbed tows, travel discounts, maps, fuel, water etc., all for $65 annually. Oh, and the best part, they have this thing called sign and drive. No out of pocket expense when your flatbed tow truck shows up. This does seem like "peace of mind" service. Before I sign up, I need some testimonials.

AAA in Southern New England does not offer Motorcycle or RV assistance. Do we have that little rider demand in the Northeast. This is ridiculous :banghead: Is it that difficult to put a bike on a truck and strap it down?

Actually it is, most flatbeds don't have the space to carry a good motorcycle dolly. The small collapsible ones are garbage and can fail, meaning damaged bikes from tip over. You can use two people to load it onto a rolloff flatbed one to balance the bike and the other to operate the controls on the winch. That would require a second person to go out there to load and be there to unload. Towing is a one man op so thats a wasteful way to do it. Most flatbed don't have a remote control for their winch. Even with two people you have the added problem of oil and fluids being on the bed easy for the guy balancing the bike to slip. Why oil & fluids on the bed, cause they are usually called on to tow the most heavily damaged cars.

Solution motorcycle specific units I would prefer this to show up to tow bike than a flatbed without even so much as a wheel chock.

motorcycle tow2.jpg

motorcycle.jpg

I have it through progressive. It cost me $10 a year for each bike. I have used them several times on truck with no complaints.

I have the best roadside asst... its called ME,MYSELF,AND I,.. my truck and trailer..i dont trust any of those towing companys because must of them have nothing to tow a bike the right way.. my 3 cents

I have Geico insurance and added roadside assistance for $10 per year. They cover up to $75 per incident so I'm not sure that will get much of a tow.

I have road side assistance with my State Farm agent. Its like 4 bucks a month and they tow bikes.

You may want to double check this.
I speak from experience.
State Farm covers their cars.
State Farm, according to my agent, has no option for motorcycles.
They don't offer it unless it is an automobile. I thought I was covered as well until I needed it a few weeks ago.

I had Gieco road side assistance. Used it for my old "Kat". They only tow you to nearest dealer. Mine only had to go six miles but got there like this! Flatbed had no chock and ripped up straps! Luckily got a good settlement. Have since changed to state farm. I've heard the AMA has road side assistance for members.

image-3105842770.jpg

I speak from experience.
They don't offer it unless it is an automobile. I thought I was covered as well until I needed it a few weeks ago.

you are right.

I speak from experience.

Same here. I called my Agent after reading this thread, and I was told that there is no roadside coverage available for motorcycles.

I know this is a really old thread, but it's coming up really high in Google search, so I wanted to correct some old information in the thread that's no longer correct.

I work for State Farm as a state licensed insurance producer, and at least in California, as long as your carry comprehensive on your bike then you are automatically covered by roadside assistance at no additional charge.

As well, the roadside coverage is really good, no dollar limit on coverage, will transport you to the nearest repair facility that is open and able to repair your particular bike regardless of distance. The coverage is across all 48 lower states. In addition to that, if you have an issue with where they are wanting to send you, you can call your agents office and we can often override and approve to transport elsewhere. Zero costs for transport.

On top of that, our motorcycle insurance coverage is extremely competitive. When I bought my newest bike less than a week ago I shopped around the major companies and no one even came close on price. We include trip interruption at no extra charge too.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I'm in Arcata, California, 707-822-4811.

I wanted to add to this as well....state farm does indeed have motorcycle coverage.

Back