Who's got the 411 on...

(ks-waterbug @ Dec. 28 2006,16:31) Looking at picking up a Garmin... Anyone got a hook-up?
I thought you had ALL the hook ups
tounge.gif

Wal-Mart for Etrex sorts ($95), or for TomTom One ($485 minus $100 rebate!) if you want vehicle navigation. Just got the TomTom and it is awesome! Big enough to see well, small enough to go on the Busa!
smile.gif

PM me if you want more info on the TomTom.

is this the "i didnt get it for christmas, so im grttin it for myself". thread. cuz i it is i got a few things id like to add.

(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 28 2006,20:00) is this the "i didnt get it for christmas, so im grttin it for myself". thread. cuz i it is i got a few things id like to add.
ices_rofl.gif
Me too
laugh.gif

mounted it to the top. removes easy, just the right size for me
from best buy

DSCF1059__Large_.JPG

Thanks for the pictures and advice, but I'm really looking for something to mount in my Truck! C330 or the likes anyone have any experience with these. You mentioned the Tom Tom... What do you think about those?

I have the Nuvi 350, got it specifically for the bike though haven't had the chance to ride with it yet, will trade it for the Nuvi 760 soon.

Just for the info, buy it at Sams Club, in 8 months when they get a newer model just return yours for it.  
beerchug.gif

Ya think I'm kiddin,  Wife works Customer Service Desk, couldn't even begin to tell the stories

(ks-waterbug @ Dec. 28 2006,17:37) Thanks for the pictures and advice, but I'm really looking for something to mount in my Truck! C330 or the likes anyone have any experience with these. You mentioned the Tom Tom... What do you think about those?
Walmart has C 330 on line for $ 379.77 delivered to your front door. Tom Tom GO 510 and GO 910 are in the $400 + on line also ! Me, between them, for just a really good GPS, I would get the C 330  
tounge.gif

Sonny, got my wifes c330 at best buy. Reg $499 on sale for $399. Great unit and user friendly.

Garmin Streetpilot 2720, only way to go.

(RCKTMAN @ Dec. 28 2006,17:00) is this the "i didnt get it for christmas, so im grttin it for myself". thread. cuz i it is i got a few things id like to add.
someone else thinking like me....

I plan on getting the 276c next month but for now I just downloaded the Telnav software for my phone which has voice prompts,POI's and so forth like most upscale GPS . It cost $10 a mth (first mth free) with the option of deactivating (no cost) if I dont need it.  I also emailed Telnav to find out if the downloaded GPS software will still work if I'm out of my servie provider area.  I will let you know what their response is asap, Sonny.
Hopefully it will work out for my application  and save me much money without having to purchase a mobile GPS's or maps,new software, etc. when things start to get outdated.

nullTelNav Checkout the video demo's !

This is the phone GPS software that is compatible with my cellphone, if your phone is not listed as a compatible phone then check with your cell phone provider.

Good Luck !

Reviews on both (I think from CNET) said the TomTom One and Garmin C330 were both pretty good systems for the price. One thing--the screens are fairly small compared to factory nav systems.

(Rhythm @ Dec. 29 2006,06:47) I plan on getting the 276c next month but for now I just downloaded the Telnav software for my phone which has voice prompts,POI's and so forth like most upscale GPS . It cost $10 a mth (first mth free) with the option of deactivating (no cost) if I dont need it.  I also emailed Telnav to find out if the downloaded GPS software will still work if I'm out of my servie provider area.  I will let you know what their response is asap, Sonny.
Hopefully it will work out for my application  and save me much money without having to purchase a mobile GPS's or maps,new software, etc. when things start to get outdated.

nullTelNav Checkout the video demo's !

This is the phone GPS software that is compatible with my cellphone, if your phone is not listed as a compatible phone then check with your cell phone provider.

Good Luck !
Ok Sonny, I just found out that Telnav continues to provide GPS service when I'm outside of cell phone provider area.
beerchug.gif

To be continued !!!

Sonny, Hit a brotha up!!!! I got ya covered. Just let me know which one your lookin for and Ill see what I can do for ya.

Peace,

Josh

(Jester0769 @ Dec. 29 2006,13:12) Sonny, Hit a brotha up!!!! I got ya covered. Just let me know which one your lookin for and Ill see what I can do for ya.

Peace,

Josh
To the rescue as always, good lQQkn out Jester !
beerchug.gif

I'll be hitting you up on the U know what in a week or two.

Back