Who's done this one before?

I haven't, but I'd love to...looks awesome!! Thanks for the link...perhaps the hubby and I can plan something one of these years
laugh.gif

we ran it at least once a year.... (no where to get a flat fixed on a bike, take repair kit)Short rain showers are pretty common too.

It is the run from Morenci(copper mining area) to Eager AZ (friend owns the radiator shop there)... can get pretty cool at night too....

After that run, the "Salt River Canyon" is another awe inspiring run (1000' plus drop offs) There are a lot of abandoned mines in the area as well.

I worked the H bar V cattle ranch for 2 years just outside Luna and it is beautiful country...

I watched a horror flick last night called Route 666. If ya go, watch out for the zombies...LOL

we ran it at least once a year....  (no where to get a flat fixed on a bike, take repair kit)Short rain showers are pretty common too.

It is the run from Morenci(copper mining area) to Eager AZ (friend owns the radiator shop there)... can get pretty cool at night too....

After that run, the "Salt River Canyon" is another  awe inspiring run (1000' plus drop offs) There are a lot of abandoned mines in the area as well.  

I worked the H bar V cattle ranch for 2 years just outside Luna and it is beautiful country...
Sounds like the Bug needs to put this on his wish list of places to visit...
What are the motel/hotel accomodations like in this neck of the woods? Suggestions on time of year to visit?

A good friend of my totalled his Vmax on that road. It's not extremely technical or demanding, but it's a LONG ride, at that level of concentration. He got dehydrated and/or fatigued and let down his guard for just one minute. That's all a road like that needs to bite your ass pretty hard.

Have fun, but be well rested and well hydrated!

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WOULD TAKE ME TO RIDE THERE FROM PHILLY AND BACK???

ANOTHER ONE ON THE LIST I'LL NEVER GET TO DO
firedevil.gif

I've been dyin' to ride that road for at least a couple of years now. I may not go on that particular organized ride but I'll do it eventually. Too late to do it this year is all.

If you think you might come out here, though, drop me a line and I'll go with you in a heartbeat!

--Wag--

I've been dyin' to ride that road for at least a couple of years now.  I may not go on that particular organized ride but I'll do it eventually.  Too late to do it this year is all.  

If you think you might come out here, though, drop me a line and I'll go with you in a heartbeat!

--Wag--
You sir have a deal....

I've been dyin' to ride that road for at least a couple of years now.  I may not go on that particular organized ride but I'll do it eventually.  Too late to do it this year is all.  

--Wag--
You sir have a deal....
That looks awesome Sonny. Might just have to do that one too. Perhaps we could convoy down with the trailers and do this one.

Did this on a 3300 mi/8-day ride last year...it is phenomenal. Absolutely stunning.

thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
= two thumbs up! (nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk)

thumb_up.gif

we ran it at least once a year....  (no where to get a flat fixed on a bike, take repair kit)Short rain showers are pretty common too.

After that run, the "Salt River Canyon" is another  awe inspiring run (1000' plus drop offs) There are a lot of abandoned mines in the area as well.  

Sounds like the Bug needs to put this on his wish list of places to visit...
What are the motel/hotel accomodations like in this neck of the woods? Suggestions on time of year to visit?
Both are going to be pretty sparse as this is not exactly tourist country. Most of the places are "mom and pop". Morenci is an old mining town and so pretty close knit.

Not sure what Eagers claim to fame is but sure is a quiet place to relocate to if you want peace and quiet..

Back