Whos done a Ecu flash ?

Flashing for derestricting and about five other things while in there are kinda mandatory for turbo bikes. Like removing the soft cut on the rev limiter and making it a hard cut out. Had it done about two years ago. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,
i am new to this forum & quite a bit of a novice when it comes to tampering with electronics. Are there any side affect's to tampering with the factory settings or does every thing still function as is. Anyone out there in the UK where this upgrade can be carried out & at what cost. Many Thanks Steve

Hi guys,
i am new to this forum & quite a bit of a novice when it comes to tampering with electronics. Are there any side affect's to tampering with the factory settings or does every thing still function as is. Anyone out there in the UK where this upgrade can be carried out & at what cost. Many Thanks Steve

No side effects only benefits if done correctly

Might be worth it to just mail it to Frank for the flash.
Short trip over the pond and back and you'll be good to go.

Sent my ECU to Frank @ Powerhouse last week.....Few days later I had a "new bike"!
Great guy to deal with and lightning quick turn around!!! Why didn't I do this sooner?
Love the results!!! Thanks again Frank

I don't mean a tune just the flash and peoples impressions on the after effects and the feelings of the bikes ridability.

Dan at MPS Racing in Casselberry, FL did mine. It was like Night and Day. He did all the stuff mentioned and set it up for an air shifter too. I only ride on the road and probably won't get an air shifter.

If you have a GEN 1, ensure that you have whoever you sent it to have a backup bin with your name on it. Long story short, I had an ECU flash done along with a PC5 turbo tune and the guy didn't save the ecu flash and cannot remember any of the settings. Now if I choose to go to another tuner next time, even for a small tweak, it would be a big deal. You cannot pull a GEN 1 file from the ECU to see what it looked like to my understanding. For most people that isn't even an issue but for anyone having an extensive tune, make sure you tell the guy to back up the file with your name. Sounds common sense but obviously it isn't.

If you have a GEN 1, ensure that you have whoever you sent it to have a backup bin with your name on it. Long story short, I had an ECU flash done along with a PC5 turbo tune and the guy didn't save the ecu flash and cannot remember any of the settings. Now if I choose to go to another tuner next time, even for a small tweak, it would be a big deal. You cannot pull a GEN 1 file from the ECU to see what it looked like to my understanding. For most people that isn't even an issue but for anyone having an extensive tune, make sure you tell the guy to back up the file with your name. Sounds common sense but obviously it isn't.

Each and EVERY flashed ecu we send out has a label on it, showing ALL the changes that were made in that ecu . . .:beerchug:

Killer biz practice right there. Stuff like that would keep me coming back. Stuff like losing my file, not even remembering if ecu cut for air shifter was put on there, shift light or at what rpm. That kinda stuff I would really have liked to have known.

I have your file... Your talking about dude who tuned your bike?

Rob, the flash you did got me over across the state to unsaid tuner who flashed ecu again in prep for PC5 tune and couldn't save the file or remember any settings. :facepalm:

I want to do mine there are a lot of names in the flash industrie I want to know the one you people recommend ive heard Cory and Ryan can do a great job too

There is a local well known suzuki tuner here in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA that does ECU flash and dyno tune for my gen2 charges $450 is this a fair price ? :thumbsup:

It's not brain surgery , I have a bench flasher I got from Boost By Smith . You open the bin and set what you want and flash . it takes like 30 seconds. If you tune with it thats a different story as its like getting a dyno tune and takes the same amount of time

It's not brain surgery , I have a bench flasher I got from Boost By Smith . You open the bin and set what you want and flash . it takes like 30 seconds. If you tune with it thats a different story as its like getting a dyno tune and takes the same amount of time

+1, I have one too.
Click a few buttons, wait 4 minutes for the flash, and restrictions gone/changed.
And those changes will be made by a dyno tuner when they set the air fuel(assuming they are using Ecu Editor).
Otherwise, flash the ecu with Ecu Editor and the tuner will use a Power Commander, Bazzaz, or the like to set the air/fuel.

Anyone here ever had any dealings with 2 Wheel DynoWorks in the Seattle Area? They are more or less local to me and just haven't heard much about them. Not looking for more power or anything just want to get rid of a slight stumble around 2-3k that I deal with constantly in my commute. Had Aurora Suzuki in Seattle (now history!) do a quick Teka Tune on it years ago just didn't quite eliminate the stumble.

Back