Whos done a Ecu flash ?

Yea i hear ya on the live tuning on the dyno. The only problem I had with that when doing cars is driveabilaty. They would run great wide open throttle and be on the money in that respect. if you want driveabilaty in a car that your custom tuning you have to put it in real world situations like driving around in the heat vs the cold even though i realize the computer compensates to a certain degree for temps with the sensers. There are actually systems for cars and maybe bikes too that constantly tune for pure performance with a wide band o2 sensor. Thats the way to go but a few years ago when I kind of got out of the game that stuff was so high none of my normal customers could afford those setups. Thats why dyno tuning is fun because they have wide band o2 sensors and they dont lie. Peace out

I am waiting on a custom build ecu for my turbo car.PIMP made by stinger performance.Its looks like the stock eec4 ecu but has a built in 4 bar map sensor, totally tunable and has datalogging so you can tune on the road.Have to run a wideband as well.I believe they took the MS2 and made it more user friendly to the 2.3 ford crowd.

That sounds pretty cool. Tuning with turbo or supercharger is a whole nother story! Had a customer a while back with a 79 malibu 454 turbo setup and he spent big bucks having it tuned at a well known huge shop a state away from me, not saying any names. They tuned it on a dyno and spent most of the day doing it because they ran into a bug in the system here and there. I worked on the car alot before he went fuel injected and turbo for another friend of mine who has a pretty big shop also but runs from efi all together. Well I heard a month or so later that he was very unhappy with his new setup and really didnt even know he had changed anything. My friend gave him my number and told him I did alot of efi work so he brought me the car. I have a 28x28 shop thats good for me but nothing like he was used too and i could tell he was reluctant to even leave it with me. I could not believe how far off this thing was. It stumbled,spit back,and would not turn the tires over I swear and was chugging black smoke like a diesel. Well long story short after about 5 hours with my wife driving me around so i could do the laptop, yea scary huh I almost wrecked it first time i hit it after downloading the new map and saving it and everything. Bad thing was they washed the motor down so bad they killed the rings in the car because it was puffing a little white smoke also when he brought it to me which i pointed out before I would touch it. He was amazed that I fixed it in my back yard when he had spent all that time and money with the big shop with the dyno. I work on all his cars now! By the way it was a holley pro-jection multi-port setup. Pretty cool system. sorry for the book.

Last edited:
I have a small shop as well and never have a problem with people leaving cars here at my home.People are tired of paying high shop rates and getting dooped for theyre money and get little results.I dont have a fancy shop, but I have over 20 years wrenching on almost everything out there and a lot of tools plus i talk with people with respect and explain everything.

This was one of those guys who just had that mindset that I guess bigger is better idea. He is very touchy about where he leaves his car because it has about a 6000.00 paint job on it and so on. Thats how I look at it too, but there are alot of guys out there who have 20+ years of esp. and still dont know what they are doing. Im the same way with my vehicles too so I cant really say much.

One of my best friends down here is from Long Island. He still has alot of family up there. Since I have tuning esp on cars I would love to try the ecu editor. Powerhouse< if you would I would like to talk to you about it a little bit if you have time. I would like to play around with mine a little. Pm me your number if your interested. Thanks.

I wanted to give a heads up on the Ecu now that its back. Got it back in a day ! The bike runs way smoother now, the throttle feels snappier and in town cruising smoooth. It is smoother downshifting when off throttle to on. Upshifting feels real good too like there is no lag from fueling, again the quick off,on throttle. The bike felt great up to 150(ran out of road and its 48 out):laugh: I am very impressed that there is that big of a difference before and after. I was skeptical as a mofo about this, but the price and word of mouth convinced me. I am glad I did. In case anyone is wondering, Gen 1 full rs-3, pcV with tuned map. Ecu done afterwards and it feels better than when I had it tuned. Big ups to Frank on this. Thanks man Im super stoked. :bowdown:

I had mine done as well.Feels good but have a vibration between 4500-5000 but that may be the brocks and a little lean.I need a retune and then I think mine will be set.

"Remove gear limiters, top speed limiter, and unify ignition maps and modify your ignition timing in first four gears to give better throttle response" was what the email said and sounded good. Smoother off, on throttle transition and limiter removal is my main thing. I want best ridability and am constantly looking for ways to get that. Am I reading to much into this?

Me too, at MPS Racing in Casselberry, FL. Dan did all that stuff ^^^ to my 2012 Busa. It works good with the Yoshi pipe. :cheerleader:

Yes Frank as you know i have done a lot of work thru the whole system.
What i like about the maps i run is, The bike runs so much smoother, And the power in the higher gears. I have changed every thing on these maps, STPs, Inj Bal, Timming. Even if i went to the Dyno, I would probbally put it back to my settings. I have a stock 08, On my STPs i run 25 at idle to 94 @ 4 th, Inj Bal i run 95 @ idle to 50/50. This thing runs so smooth with little effort with the throttle. And then if you want to twist it hang on. The problem with these things are i wants to pick the front end up and then were do you go. I would rather have it keep the front on the ground and just pull. It took a long time and many settings but i like it.

Chuck

Back