Whos done a Ecu flash ?

binx

Registered
Seeing who has had there ecu done after you had your bike tuned with a pc and dyno. Had mine done and now Im sending my Ecu to powerhouse to have Frank work it up. I want to get some feedback from people that have had it done on a Gen 1 and what the difference was. Im stoked to see what it does considering Ive only heard good things. Let me know. And Ill post up once I get mine back.

I had an ECU tune. Difference was pretty nice. In just a flash, you may not notice much. You will just have the speed restriction and timing retard removed.

164HP, 101ft lb before tune. 174HP, 106 ft lb after. That is all tune. Nothing added.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

"Remove gear limiters, top speed limiter, and unify ignition maps and modify your ignition timing in first four gears to give better throttle response" was what the email said and sounded good. Smoother off, on throttle transition and limiter removal is my main thing. I want best ridability and am constantly looking for ways to get that. Am I reading to much into this?

Sent mine in to Frank.. Not had her on the dyno to see results, but can really feel a difference.

RussellJ is exactly right. This would be a flash, not a tune. A flash is meant mainly to de-restrict the bike. The timing modifications made by unifying the ignition maps would bring the aggressive and unrestricted timing of fifth and sixth gears down to gears 1 through 4 - much like a TRE would, but without all the negatives associated with TREs. An Ecu reflash is not a horsepower thing, although it is likely you would notice a difference from your improved throttle response in the lower gears. Hopefully, some others who have had this mod done can chime in and comment . . .:whistle:

I don't mean a tune just the flash and peoples impressions on the after effects and the feelings of the bikes ridability.

I just sent my ecu to frank aka powerhouse today. Should be there tomorrow then get it back after he tunes it. Il let ya know when I get it back. I'm excited to have this done. I'm wanting to have the pc3 tuned and dyno'd next.

I had an ECU tune. Difference was pretty nice. In just a flash, you may not notice much. You will just have the speed restriction and timing retard removed.

164HP, 101ft lb before tune. 174HP, 106 ft lb after. That is all tune. Nothing added.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

I'm impressed with those numbers ... I have some questions which I hope you won't mind answering.

1)gen 1 or 2? ...
2)who did the tune?
3)was it done by mail or on a dyno?
4)what was the cost?

I'm impressed with those numbers ... I have some questions which I hope you won't mind answering.

1)gen 1 or 2? ... Gen1

2)who did the tune? Lee's Performance in Charlotte, NC (I do not see SAE on my dyno sheet anywhere and from what Frank says, SAE is the true (or closest to) numbers. I just go on the HP and Torque gains. I could care less about the numbers, so as long as the bike runs great.

3)was it done by mail or on a dyno? Dyno, you can't get a real tune via mail (You can get your ECU flashed by mail but this will not make a HP difference)

4)what was the cost? $250

1)gen 1 or 2? ... Gen1

2)who did the tune? Lee's Performance in Charlotte, NC (I do not see SAE on my dyno sheet anywhere and from what Frank says, SAE is the true (or closest to) numbers. I just go on the HP and Torque gains. I could care less about the numbers, so as long as the bike runs great.

3)was it done by mail or on a dyno? Dyno, you can't get a real tune via mail (You can get your ECU flashed by mail but this will not make a HP difference)

4)what was the cost? $250

Thanks ... I guess I have something else to do :laugh:

Im sure I should do more research but...... I have tuned f.i cars for years. Everything I tuned with was live vehicle running, riding around, and so on. I never used any type of flash tuning because i would think you would need a data logger to see what was going on before you start playing with things and just never went that far. I assume that is how it is on the bikes also. So on the pc,2,3 or whatever are they a live type tuning tool with data logging? I know it would be kind of hard to ride around with a laptop strapped to the fuel tank but I have done some crazy things on cars before. I have a gen 1 and would like to get a live type tuner where I could play around with things and have just started looking around and i have learned some from this post so i thought I would put my two cents worth in and try to get a quarter back:) Hope I dont make anyone mad if I was out of line to what you guys were talking about< it just looked like a good place for me to learn something. Thanks

When on the dyno you can go thru the gears and rpms and get live data streaming.My tuner does it and I watched it.What Frank is doing is basically de-restricting the bike and cleaning up the ignition tables, getting rid of the ram air compensation, IAP etc.Then take it to a tuner to get the fuel matched up I assume.I believe with ecu unleashed you can do live changes while on the dyno.

I've taken the restrictions out of 5 gen2 busas with ecu editor.
Everybody's happy! Myself especially.
With a 46t rear sprocket mine will literally loop you in the road under throttle alone in 1st/2nd if you'de let it.
There is no doubt the bike is alot stronger.
This is not, bolted on a muffler and got 20hp, bike is unreal now BS.
This is a VERY noticeable improvement, you don't have to look for it, or wonder if, it's there and it's real.
Ecu Editor is well worth the money if all you ever do with it is derestrict your own bike...and then it does so much more.:beerchug:

Back