Whoever says the kickstand is crap is a Liar!

Datsun350Z

Registered
Proof:

Push.jpg

Don't get bent out of shape by the title, i'm just kidding. I know the weakness in design is forward movement. :moon: But i was pretty impressed by the fact that my bike was pushed a foot backwards by a GMC Yukon and stayed upright.

Damage pics to follow as soon as I resize them :(

Sorry to hear about the incident. Had an azzhat cut hard right out of a parking space last week. I always try to park the bike where I can see it. He had no reason to do what he did. I almost stood up when he did it, but when he cleared the bike was standing. When I left I noticed his bumper had peeled the corner of my tag straight up. @#$%^%&*ch, bent it back down, calmed down and rode home.

Ugh...

Second time my bike has been beat up and I couldn't save her.

Was on my way up to the Harley dealer to meet up for the usual sunday tramp run.
Stopped at Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee and a cookie. As I was walking out a lady walks up to me and says " I just backed up into your bike" Trying to keep my calm I reply with a sarcastic, "Oh, great." By the time I got over to the bike and saw that it was still standing I was upset, but not mad at her. She was very nice and obviously felt bad about it. Got her info, and went on the ride anyway.

What a great morning.

103_0779.JPG

103_0780.JPG

103_0781.JPG

103_0782.JPG

103_0783.JPG

103_0784.JPG

Oh, and don't mind the date stamp, camera batteries were dead and reset the date and I thought I turned the stamp off.

Correct Date 11/22/09

That sux. Glad it wasn't worse. Good for you for keeping your cool and going on the ride anyway.

Same thing happened to mine. Broke in the same place. Gotta get the whole nose piece replaced. I cant remember if I had to get the light too. The that backed into mine was a fellow coworker. He coulda left and I prob wouldnt have realized it for a couple of days but he came and found me. He took care of it without getting the insurance or police involved:thumbsup:

Yeah, it's not horrible.

Haven't dug into it, but looks like headlight, mounting brackets, nosecone, fender, and hopefully not too much underneath.

Fender and nose, possible lamp assembly. Not gonna be cheap, but just think how pretty that new fender and nose are gonna look. That's the parts of the bike that really catches heck with pebbles and bugs. Always look at the positive. :thumbsup:

Oh man, sorry bro. That sucks. But like Robert said, there is a bright side to everything.

I already have a carbon fiber nosecone and fairings that were waiting for me to install them, glad I decided to wait till spring to put them on :)
I might order a CF fender also.

Nosecone was used and doesn't have branding on it
I forget what company the Fairings are from but I checked out reviews on the company and the have good reviews.

Nothing crazy expensive though. No magic for me.

I was gonna suggest a CF fender :thumbsup:

I'll pretend you gave me the idea. shhhh don't tell anyone :rofl:

ouch! glad she came in to tell you and didn't just take off :beerchug:

Wow! That's luck. It appears she smacked it fairly hard. Good on you for not going off too. I hope the incorrect timestamp on the picture proof(evidence) does not create any grief! Maybe the picture properties will give the correct date.....

**reminder to self....turn date stamp off***

Back