Who would be interested in a sign like this

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I have done the proof of concept and I can make an acrylic sign show the way I want but I need to change the base and put some detail in the build. Who would be interested in a sign like this, I can make it say anything you want, whatever color you want and almost any size... The acrylic is clear until you turn the lights on.... I took this pic of my test piece in the dark....

This one is red, 10 x 10 and runs on three AA batteries.. It has ten red LED's and it does have a switch. You can see the pics I took are from the front and I started moving around to the side. The acrylic piece is only 1/8" thick so its easy to move around... During the day the sign is clear with a white frosty look.... It does have a baseplate and can be placed on a shelf out of the way....

Your thoughts?

red-kanji-sign 028.jpg

red-kanji-sign 036.jpg

red-kanji-sign 038.jpg

red-kanji-sign 039.jpg

Who would be interested and what do you think its worth?

cap

red-kanji-sign 028.jpg

red-kanji-sign 036.jpg

red-kanji-sign 038.jpg

red-kanji-sign 039.jpg

Last edited:
I think I want one. Red please...

How much did the materials cost you and how much time did you have to put in one?

have a similar one i got on ebay a while back. but i think yours will be considerable better quality..ps... .dfx or .dwg files and i can cut steel at work

Looking for interest first, if there is a demand then I will start putting the pieces together...

Looking for interest first, if there is a demand then I will start putting the pieces together...

Are you kidding? Those things are baddass!! Would make great X-Mas gifts. This close to the holidays put those things on E-Bay and they would sell like hotcakes.

I would buy one in a heart beat.

I have one I got from ebay clear,white light looks cool at night in shop when I got to leave..

The other great thing is that you can just pull the acrylic sheet out and you can change the images that are displayed... So if you want a kanji now and tomorrow you want a christmas acrylic you can just swap them out....

There's something I'd like to have. Are different colors available? Blue or white would be nice.

Looks great....have you tried it on Glass? may stand up better then the acrylic

would scratch quite easy... Cost would be higher with additional time to get edges polished.

Also... A/c adaptor? I think changing out NiCads would be a pain in butt.:laugh:

have a similar one i got on ebay a while back. but i think yours will be considerable better quality..ps... .dfx or .dwg files and i can cut steel at work[/QUOTE

Nice,Doug

Yes i got one of those on ebay also for $10

What if make it and official hayabusa owners club sign ??:cheerleader:

Very cool! I like the way they're interchangeable, as well.

:beerchug::cheerleader::beerchug:

Looks cool! Different ones specific to Hayabusa.oRg would be cool! And the LED's are a nice effect, especially in different colors. I wonder if you could do the Lizzard Lights in an application like that? Might be a little pricey and cheesy with the alternating pulse patterns but you would have several different colors available in one unit. Just thinking out loud....

Good job, Doug! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks cool! Different ones specific to Hayabusa.oRg would be cool! And the LED's are a nice effect, especially in different colors. I wonder if you could do the Lizzard Lights in an application like that? Might be a little cheesy with the alternating pulse patterns but you would have several different colors available in one unit. Just thinking out loud....

Good job, Doug! :thumbsup:

Good idea:thumbsup:

Back