Who went to the gym today?

Home gyms are the way to go if you have the space and time. Through garage sales, Craigslist and FB classifieds you can save a ton over buying new equipment. We scored a barely used running treadmill that was a grand new for a couple hundred. Got all our equipment for about 2~3 months worth of gym membership. :)

Gyms are great if you're lucky to have a nice one fairly nearby, or maybe one that isn't a big chain. I had memberships at the (not quite) 24 Hour Fitness and La Fitness. It's infuriating how 75% of the machines are hogged by people just checking their phones, weights scattered everywhere, dirty pools and showers and poorly maintained equipment. :(

Well you asked so here is the gym I put together for my son & I to use. He is away at college now so doesn't get used as much.

20190201_160756.jpg

20190201_160744.jpg

20190201_160733.jpg

Looks good, especially with the bike in the middle!
My Bursig stand is right out of the picture in mine, but a pity there's no bike on it.

Everyday, I do something, stairs in a high rise building using full gear with a weight vest or SCBA, then throwing some iron around the other days.
I owe it to my department, my self and my crew it's all part of the "job".

Hitting the gym today, found a good one in town when even busy you can do something. I am down 5lbs from my last weigh day. My only goal is to lose 5% BF. Currently at just over 25% overall.

That's funny Red. I've spent a lot of time splitting wood over the years. I love having a wood burning stove in the house, the current house doesn't have one but that will be rectified when the new house is done. Although I have upgraded from an ax to a splitter due to back issues.

Back