Who went to the gym today?

c10

Registered
My job is a gym ;) 28 to 35 lb tool belt , 10 to 35 lb ladder walking , and climbing 10,750 steps avg .
Come home , and do a little playing in the garage . Only 142 on the bar , and birthday suit weigh in this morning 145 down from 148 . Made this video for my boy in Florida PFC in the Marines . He calls me old man dad .

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I worked for a major soft drink company for almost 4 years. Delivery, to convenience stores and filling drink machines.
You haven't lived until you've hand- trucked 400lbs of 2 liters(10 cases, 8 each, one hand truck load) 4 city blocks, uphill, then up a couple dozen steps..in All weather.
Then stack them, and repeat about a dozen times. Typical 10-15 stops, 600+ cases a day of multiple sizes and weights 10-12 hour average day.
Of all the ditch digging, wood stacking, bust ass work I've done and seen, nobody thinks the pepsi and coke guys work hard, and I didn't either...for a minute.
I was in the best shape of my life, and got 3 bulging discs from it to prove it, lol.
Now days, I do light weight workouts that my joints like.

busafan08

Registered
The gym is my other passion apart from motorcycles I go to the gym 4 days a week been working out with weights for about 35 years now :( but now I am getting older seriously been thinking about training only 3 days a week I think it should be enough for me just to maintain some muscle yep the gym my second home sixpack I have trained at home for awhile but prefer the gym for motivation and no distractions :thumbsup:

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I heard the water guys got it worse with the 5 gallon bottles . My neighbor did beer for a long time then went to ozarka . He did it two years with 3 injures I can remember . Hung that up , and went Milk delivery
Water and beer guys have it easy here.
Water trucks are small and easy to find close parking.
Beer guys don't have many different package sizes, and just drop it and go, they don't have to stock the cooler too like the drink guys do...and the beer guys usually drop their stacks in the middle of the cooler, in everyone else's way.
I enjoyed the job, but it eventually broke me

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
The gym is my other passion apart from motorcycles I go to the gym 4 days a week been working out with weights for about 35 years now :( but now I am getting older seriously been thinking about training only 3 days a week I think it should be enough for me just to maintain some muscle yep the gym my second home sixpack I have trained at home for awhile but prefer the gym for motivation and no distractions :thumbsup:
I started working out at home around 13, and started slowly collecting equipment.
At 18 started going to a public gym.
By 30, I had grown tired of the public, and had amassed a nice set-up at home.
I continue to enjoy my peaceful basement gym at 41.:beerchug:

jeffgordons24

Registered
I passed the gym on the way to work today if that counts.

I have been saying time and time again that I want to go to the gym, or at least get into some sort of excercise routine at home. I am up 10lbs this year from 140 to 150 now. My 28 waist paints are getting a little snug and I am not looking for a wardrobe change.

mabupa

Registered
Water and beer guys have it easy here.
Water trucks are small and easy to find close parking.
Beer guys don't have many different package sizes, and just drop it and go, they don't have to stock the cooler too like the drink guys do...and the beer guys usually drop their stacks in the middle of the cooler, in everyone else's way.
I enjoyed the job, but it eventually broke me
Was this pre “screwed up” back or post?........... or it was that job that screwed up your back and the reason you tried a million bar setups and a b-king looking for comfort?

ottafish

Registered
The company I work for looks out for us in some ways. In our main offices around the country, including where I work, we have a fully stocked gyms, PT's, and remedial massage staff. They support us to go during office hours. Cardio at 06:30 and weights at 15:00 4-5 days a week for me

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I passed the gym on the way to work today if that counts.

I have been saying time and time again that I want to go to the gym, or at least get into some sort of excercise routine at home. I am up 10lbs this year from 140 to 150 now. My 28 waist paints are getting a little snug and I am not looking for a wardrobe change.
That waist is diet more than exercise(you're gettin old young man, lol)
Was this pre “screwed up” back or post?........... or it was that job that screwed up your back and the reason you tried a million bar setups and a b-king looking for comfort?
Yes sir, that is the one that screwed my back up.
I had a previous upper back injury from MX.
But this lower back injury was the one that caused me so many problems, including all the bar changes.

Bumblebee

Registered
We don't have that bar around here called "Gym" hopefully we get one but doubt if I could go 7 days a week...LOL

Seriously though, I used to almost live in a gym working out 2-3 hrs (including cardio) 6 days a week and when I was training to compete is was much more. I have a gym in my basement too and use it periodically but these days with all the snow, I am too beat to lift a weight.

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
Lets see what you guys have set up at home.
Here's mine.
I have marked links on the chains for the rings, that way I can quickly hang them up/take them down to use.
My headache bag needs a new air bladder, but also moves out of the way quickly, lift the weight off the floor and take the loop off the hook and it's down.
I bought the Bowflex Revolution in 09, and their dumbells in 2015(they are awesome).
The bar on the ceiling isn't a regular pullup bar(I have one of those somewhere else).
My Dad made the bar pictured and it spins freely(notice the bearing on each end). Since the bar can spin, it makes it Much harder to hold on, really helping grip strength.
He saw it on the "Hang for 100 seconds win $100" challenge, and I ask him to make me something cheap...and it'll work you!

20190106_153912.jpg

20190106_153627.jpg

20190106_154029.jpg

20190110_215810.jpg

Bumblebee

Registered
......you've got me beat, by a long shot. I have a universal, some dumb bells, an elliptical, step and 50lb sand bag, tread mill and a 200lb heavy bag (in the garage).

Well done on your set up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H wife an i went a little overboard with the home gym lol Random Thoughts 8
SSGT_B Went Fishing, Found some Super Spooks Off Topic 3
Slowstang305 Went to Disney for opening after Covid19... Off Topic 3
rubbersidedown Went out for a walk last night with Kiwi Rider Random Thoughts 2
rubbersidedown Canadian Snowbird Jet...Just went down !!! Random Thoughts 24
Slowstang305 Went on a little road trip this weekend... Random Thoughts 1
D No Gen-3 so I went to the other side General Bike Related Topics 20
c10 Went looking at motorcycles today General Bike Related Topics 8
busafan08 Sorry guys went to the opposition General Bike Related Topics 46
c10 Black Betty went on a diet. General Bike Related Topics 35
SSGT_B A Great Man Went Home Monday Off Topic 20
SSGT_B Went By C10s House...... General Bike Related Topics 26
Quart Speed rotor went poof Busa problems 4
Kiwi Rider Went for a Blast Today.... Pics General Bike Related Topics 27
nitrousjunkie So I Went And Did A Thing.......... General Bike Related Topics 63
G Dadofthree Went Down Accident / Crash Forum 121
MC MUSTANG Finally Went And Did It. After 15 Years Of Owning A Busa... Random Thoughts 16
c10 Went To Barber Museum Again General Bike Related Topics 9
Manny1901 Rectifier Went Out Busa problems 7
J Went Out To The Local Dragstrip For Test And Tune And Got Some Good Go Pro Video Videos 17
newman Lynne went shopping and came home with this. Random Thoughts 3
c10 1986 GSXR 750 . Went for a little ride today General Bike Related Topics 17
GEARJAMMER freinds busa went 5.60 1/4 Mile 7
knippie Went to get bike inspected?? General Bike Related Topics 12
PADEROLIS My Busa got totaled, went down on a ride. General Bike Related Topics 11
jstdoit95 So I went to start up for the first time this year.....and HELP!!! General Bike Related Topics 8
Chango Went down one in the front! WTF! General Bike Related Topics 10
L Shock went out Track and Racing mods 8
twotonevert Went back to the desert this morning General Bike Related Topics 4
Ahaulss Just went down for the first time Random Thoughts 14
SSGT_B So I Went For a Ride and When I Came Home.............. Random Thoughts 3
H Finally i went turbo Turbo 24
One Fast Busa Went for a little 300 mile ride and found on heck of a bridge. Trips and Touring 7
MisterGDBusa My friend went down,he hit a deer. Gen II Busa Information 21
B Hey guys I went down for the first time ever today ! Gen II Busa Information 54
M 07 went down, now everytime the fans try to kick on the fuse blows Busa problems 7
G Went down for the first time today.. General Bike Related Topics 13
J Tire went flat over night? General Bike Related Topics 17
R Went to Americade for the day, should have kept riding General Bike Related Topics 6
E Zurcher Went down today. General Bike Related Topics 42
Rodrigueira Help! Starter clutch went bad and now I need to replace the engine? Busa problems 24
B went down, now bike wont start..please help..... General Bike Related Topics 8
I Went to dealer yesterday. kinda turned off General Bike Related Topics 18
Dr. Gonzo How I went from being annoyed at stripped screw to feeling like a genius yesterday... Random Thoughts 15
SKECHE "BUSA FEST", who went? General Bike Related Topics 4
8 Went to the dragstrip for the first time today!!! 1/4 Mile 19
darciedog1 Just Katie went down Accident / Crash Forum 28
Ampz Instrument panel went off while riding. General Bike Related Topics 13
B Friend went down on '94 Kawi 1100 Accident / Crash Forum 8
stangman327 I went to Myrtle Beach Week Bike last week...got a whole bunch of picks. Random Thoughts 92